Feb Cruise out of NYC

bostondavek

Hi

We are looking at cruises out of NYC during Feb with an 8YO. NCL Gem 11 day, NCL Breakaway 7 day to bahamas, or 8 day RCCL to Bahamas. They all have pros and cons.

Any tips to help us choose?

Looks like Anthem has an Indoor pool, breakaway is a large ship, and Gem has a nice itinerary.

Thanks

Anthem has bumper cars and the sea plex, which is pretty cool and it's a brand new ship - but it is also carrying that new ship price tag. I believe that Breakaway and Anthem are very similar itineraries, so it really comes down to the ships and which one offers more for your family. I know that for our last cruise, we looked strongly at Gem because it had the best itinerary, but my wife could not swing that many days off, so we went with Grandeur.

We like RCI, so I would lean towards Anthem because it's new and has some cool amenities that our 6 y/o would love, but based just on itinerary, I would go with Gem hands down.

I only had one cruise out of NY and that was in Sept. It was cold for the first 2 days and the last 2 days coming back. Never again for me. After that I always go to Florida to leave. If you don't mind staying inside or bringing coats it might be ok. Also keep in mind that the Bahamas might not be warm that time of year.