Royal Day Out

I think, then, that this page is the one you need:-

A Royal Day Out at Buckingham Palace

28 July to 28 September 2007

This flexible discounted ticket allows you to visit the Royal Mews, The Queen's Gallery and the State Rooms at Buckingham Palace. As part of the Royal Day Out admission to the Royal Mews and the State Rooms is un-timed and valid anytime throughout the day.

Your day begins at the Royal Mews, one of the finest working stables in the world, after which you take the short walk to The Queen's Gallery to view the outstanding exhibition The Art of Italy in the Royal Collection which includes a small display of 'Royal Treasures'. Two new items, the dazzling Oriental Circlet and the diamond and pearl Dagmar Necklace are included in the display.

You then tour the 19 magnificent State Rooms at Buckingham Palace, which are used regularly by the Royal Family for official entertaining and State functions.

Included in the general admission price is admission to the Special Exhibition which will mark the Diamond Wedding Anniversary of Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.

Hi,

The previous poster has given you the proper information as I did this tour last August. I received the tickets in the mail at my home. When we arrived at Buckingham, we were allowed to enter the Palace immediately although many people were waiting in ques. It was a wonderful tour. We then walked over to the Royal Mews and saw all the Royal coaches. Only a few horses were present. We missed visiting our timed event to the Gallery as we chose to eat instead. We did all of this immediately upon our arrival from the US stopping only to check in to the hotel and drop our luggage. Later that same evening, we had tickets to see Mary Poppins. It was one busy day. On the second day, we chose the all around London tour which took us to the Tower of London, inside Westminster Abbey, a brief river cruise on the Thames, seeing the guards change at Buckingham and included lunch. There were many photo opportunities of St. Paul's, Big Ben and Parliament. Highly recommend either or both tours. My personal favorites were the interior tour of Buckingham Palace, seeing the changing of the guards and our inside tour of Westminster.

Have a great time!

I just got back from London and did this last Tuesday! I purchased the tickets online and they were mailed to my home. It was great as usually it's timed when you go into Buckingham Palace and this way you can go when you want, as well as when you want into the Royal Mews. The only thing you pick is the time you wish to go into the Queen's Gallery.

I can give you one huge piece of advice, we went to tour Buckingham Palace at 9:30 and the crowds were very light. AFter touring we ate lunch, then went to the Royal Mews followed by our visit to the Gallery at 1:15pm. After exiting the Gallery we walked back to the front of the Palace and the lines to get in were incredibly long. So my advice, do the tour of the Palace early as you won't wait and there won't be as many people when you go.

It was a great way to spend the day, both my daughter and I really enjoyed it.

Another great thing we did last week was the tour inside of Parliament. I've been to London many times and had never gone inside. It was really a great tour and a great insight to the government.

Here is where I purchased my tickets, they're directly through the official site and all the choices and prices are on the web page. You also get a stamp on the way out and can come back until the end of the year.

http://www.the-royal-collection.com/royaltickets/

Here is where I purchased my tickets, they're directly through the official site and all the choices and prices are on the web page. You also get a stamp on the way out and can come back until the end of the year.

http://www.the-royal-collection.com/royaltickets/

FYI because this worked well for us. The concierge at our hotel (the Rubens at the Palace) was able to sell us the Royal Day Out tickets with no timed entry to the sites. So we were able to go at our own pace without having to work around times assigned like the tickets sold on the web site you noted. This was a huge advantage for us. Our visit was in August of 2006, so you may want to check with your hotel to see if they offer the same benefit. The hotel did not add any mark-up for the tickets, but we did tip the concierge (he also helped find our missing luggage so that we could be out and about having fun instead of dealing with the airline).

Happy travels,

Donna

Thanks for the online info for the Royal Collection. I have booked it and received my confirmation, just waiting for the tickets to arrive in the mail.:) Thanks again!

My tickets took about 2 weeks to arrive, maybe a bit less.

Hi Everybody:

Wonder if somebody could tell me if there is a dress code for going into Buckingham Palace or Westminister Abbey. Would it be ok to wear shorts?

Thanks-

Bev

Don't know, but a better question is: who would want to wear shorts in London? It's been cold, cold, cold this 'summer'. And wet. Waterproofs & survival gear are more like it in London!

Don't know, but a better question is: who would want to wear shorts in London? It's been cold, cold, cold this 'summer'. And wet. Waterproofs & survival gear are more like it in London!

Once again I lucked out with the weather. Sunday August 5 was around 84 and sunny without a breeze and the rest of the week was in the mid to upper 70's and sunshine. I actually did wear shorts one day and it wasn't the first day.

There were plenty of people in shorts in both Buckingham Palace and Westminster so I guess there isn't a dress code.

Speaking of dress codes, we got very nicely dressed for the night that we went to the play that we saw with Orlando Bloom as that's what we're used to and I was very surprised to see how casually dress most people were. That and they came around and sold ice cream during intermission!

There were plenty of people in shorts in both Buckingham Palace and Westminster so I guess there isn't a dress code.
We saw a lot of people in shorts during our tours too, so I think shorts are fine if it's warm enough to wear them.

Have a great trip,

Donna

We booked this on the internet and purchased the books, all shipped to our home so we could read the books ahead and know what we were seeing. We purchased timed tickets to the Italian art exhibit for the first time--9:30 so we could take advantage of lighter crowds.

We were there on Friday, August 10. It was a beautiful sunny day, cool, in the fifties. The wedding exhibit was great as was the tour of the palace itself. The gardens (the queen's backyard) was just gorgeous. When we arrived at 9:15 there was a small group of about 30. By the time we left around noon it was considerably more crowded.

You can move at your own pace with headphones commentary. It was a highlight of this London trip for us.

There is more of the Royal Wedding exhibit at Windsor Palace but we did not make it there this time.

Cindy

Archived