Nachi Cocom Cancellation Policy

Pops, Esq.

Has anyone ever cancelled a reservation at Nachi? I THINK I am reading too much into this, but their policy does not clearly say that you only lose the deposit if you cancel. It says the deposit is non-refundable. I get that, no problem there. It also says that you will be charged the full amount if you "no show." Also, no problem. What it doesn't say is that cancelling before hand = losing deposit only. And, since there is no "must cancel by" date, I get a little nervous about reserving a spot until I am 100% sure that's what we are doing.

As I said, I think this is me reading a little too much in to what is not said, as it would seem that the non-refundable deposit is all that you SHOULD lose.

I have emailed them with the question, but I thought I'd see if anyone had experience cancelling and how that worked out for you.

You are entirely correct that there is a 'hole' in their written policies.

I emailed also (last week) and got back the following:

Hi Mike

if you send you cancellation notification 7 days prior to arrival you will lost your deposit only.

if you have any aditional question please let me know.

best regards

Lidia Chávez

Reservations Deparment

Nachi Cocom Beach club

http://www.facebook/nachicocomcozumel

Given their policy of limiting bookings, I think this is quite reasonable. Anybody coming on a ship would know well before 7 days... or they'd have much bigger fish to fry is cancelling this late.

Please post if you get back a different response! Actually, please post the response either way. :cool:

Edited by mikesteg

To avoid the no who penantly you must send our cancelation request 14 days prior to arrival, otherwise the no show penalty will apply.

best regards

Lidia Chávez

Reservations Deparment

Nachi Cocom Beach club

http://www.facebook/nachicocomcozumel

That answer makes this a little more interesting. 7...14....whatever it takes.

Yep, quite funny... but at least they respond quickly, which isn't the case with many of these smaller tourist businesses. I would guess that this means they have some flexibility in implementation, but having it in writing is golden.

From their point of view Nachi does not want to offer easy, last minute refunds if they do not have much time/opportunity to resell the spot you have reserved.

We've been several times and love the place - quiet & relaxing after the crowds on the ship with great service -- not sure why you would consider cancelling? :confused:

Agreed. I actually think that 30 or even 60 days would be quite reasonable for cruise ship passengers. If you have to cancel inside final payment, you have bigger fish to fry (or bigger losses if you didn't buy insurance.)

My interest in the question was because there is a small chance we'll have to cancel the cruise. That would happen before final payment, so no problem. However, I didn't want to get stuck with a $148 loss from Nachi. As the OP stated, the lack of a stated policy left open the possibility and any cancellation would incur the full cost. Now we know that the $30 deposit would be lost, but I could live with that. I would be very unhappy to miss Nachi just for not having booked it early enough. ;)

Edited by mikesteg

Has anyone ever cancelled a reservation at Nachi? I THINK I am reading too much into this, but their policy does not clearly say that you only lose the deposit if you cancel. It says the deposit is non-refundable. I get that, no problem there. It also says that you will be charged the full amount if you "no show." Also, no problem. What it doesn't say is that cancelling before hand = losing deposit only. And, since there is no "must cancel by" date, I get a little nervous about reserving a spot until I am 100% sure that's what we are doing.

As I said, I think this is me reading a little too much in to what is not said, as it would seem that the non-refundable deposit is all that you SHOULD lose.

I have emailed them with the question, but I thought I'd see if anyone had experience cancelling and how that worked out for you.

If you dont mind loosing the deposit, I thing you dont have to worry, because their reservation format states that you will have to pay the advance deposit with Paypal and PPL does not give them your credit card info, so if you have to cancel your cruise and cancel 7 or 14 days in advance or dont show up, ¿how they will charge the balance on your card without your CC info? they might send you a PPL invoice to your email but it will be up to you to pay or not. If someone knows that Im wrong please let us know, but I thing this is the way when using PPL

If you dont mind loosing the deposit, I thing you dont have to worry, because their reservation format states that you will have to pay the advance deposit with Paypal and PPL does not give them your credit card info, so if you have to cancel your cruise and cancel 7 or 14 days in advance or dont show up, ¿how they will charge the balance on your card without your CC info? they might send you a PPL invoice to your email but it will be up to you to pay or not. If someone knows that Im wrong please let us know, but I thing this is the way when using PPL

I am not 100% sure about whether PayPal gives me that protection. However, that's not my style. I agree to the cancellation policy and they have clarified what it is. If I owe the money, I would pay.

I am not concerned about cancelling the cruise. We just were looking for flexibility if we changed our mind. We want to get a good snorkel trip in this cruise and, if things go well in Grand Cayman, we will probably be on the beach in Cozumel. If we miss the port due to not being able to tender in GC, or have other issues, we will probably look to snorkel in Cozumel. I was willing to risk $22. If I know I'm in for $110, I don't want to risk it.

I am not disagreeing with it. I just wanted to clarify. They clarified. Their slice of beach, their policy.

Nachi offers a 90 minute snorkel tour for about $30+ per person.

Your other option is to cab to the Money Bar, snorkel for an hour or two, and then cab to Nachi for the rest of the day. Money Bar offers great snorkeling from the shore, rental gear and guides if needed, good facilities, and good food/drinks/service.

Nachi offers a 90 minute snorkel tour for about $30+ per person.

Your other option is to cab to the Money Bar, snorkel for an hour or two, and then cab to Nachi for the rest of the day. Money Bar offers great snorkeling from the shore, rental gear and guides if needed, good facilities, and good food/drinks/service.

Had considered snorkeling at Money Bar, but had not thought about doing both. Now, I might have to consider it. Thanks for the suggestion!