All inclusive resorts

hlsess

Aventura Spa Palace we have stayed there twice and it is amazing. The staff, service, and food are fantastic and they give $1500 in resort credit that you can use for spa or excursions. Whatever you do don't stay at the Occidental Grand Xcaret. We just got back and it is horrible!

• 8 months later...

These are both part of the AM Resorts group and are all-inclusive.

Has anyone stayed at either one? I very nearly booked a 3-night stay at Now Sapphire last fall as the price was less than $600 including airfare from Atlanta. (!) The resort webcam looked awesome, though!

I've checked, but the reviews on, e.g., TripAdvisor are mixed.

• 2 months later...
Just curious if anyone can give me some names of nice all inclusive resorts in Cancun. Thanks

We stayed at the Catalonia Maroma in the Riveria Maya. It was just beautiful. From the walk from the lobby to our room to the beach. It carries more of a European crowd so if you are looking for party central this isn't the place. The most fantastic part is the beach. No other beach has hands on this beach from Caymans to Vina del Mar Chile. It was awesome.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

These are both part of the AM Resorts group and are all-inclusive.

Has anyone stayed at either one? I very nearly booked a 3-night stay at Now Sapphire last fall as the price was less than $600 including airfare from Atlanta. (!) The resort webcam looked awesome, though!

I've checked, but the reviews on, e.g., TripAdvisor are mixed.

Sorry if this is late, these are nice resorts, we'd prefer Dreams Riviera Cancun or Secrets Capri Riviera but they will be pricier.

If you're still looking for a great AI that's not too big or small, is situated on the most gorgeous beach along the Riviera Maya, is in a jungle setting with all types of monkeys, birds, and critters look at Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal. A 5 min taxi into PDC for evenings and shopping, and close to the natural wonders of the area. Staff is excellent, entertainment a ball, and food and drink are good. Family resort but the number of repeat couples attest to how much people love this resort.

• 5 months later...
For an Adult Only...look into Secrets Maroma Beach...it's in Playa. It's amazing! It's part of the NOW properties. It has the #2 beach rated by trip advisor. [ATTACH]325793[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually it is part of the secrets which is owned by A & M Resorts who runs Now, Dreams, Secrets, Zoetry, Breathless, and sunscapes.

• 1 year later...

If you're still looking for a great AI that's not too big or small, is situated on the most gorgeous beach along the Riviera Maya, is in a jungle setting with all types of monkeys, birds, and critters look at Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal. A 5 min taxi into PDC for evenings and shopping, and close to the natural wonders of the area. Staff is excellent, entertainment a ball, and food and drink are good. Family resort but the number of repeat couples attest to how much people love this resort.

I know this is old post, but wanted to thank you for the info. This resort sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. This will be our first AI, and it has been a little overwhelming trying to research & find a resort. Thanks again!

Yes picking an AI is a daunting task because there are so many to choose from and the reviews are all over the place for all of them. We went through that on our first visit to the Riviera Maya, finally narrowing down our destination to the Playa area and finally the gated community of Playacar and finally the Tucan/Quetzal. We've since stayed at several other chains including RIU, Dreams, and Secrets. We find the food and drinks to be a notch better at some of those resorts, like the RIU Palace in Cancun and Secrets Capri (adults only AI) just north of Playa. But none of them had the atmosphere and feel of the Tucan, and that's why we and others return there. It is a family resort, but as a couple we enjoy it there! You'll find reviews on tripadvisor of course. Another site that has even more reviews as well as photos and videos is the Iberostar Boards site -

http://www.ib-board.com/boards/index.php

Just scroll down to the Ibero Tucan

Yes picking an AI is a daunting task because there are so many to choose from and the reviews are all over the place for all of them. We went through that on our first visit to the Riviera Maya, finally narrowing down our destination to the Playa area and finally the gated community of Playacar and finally the Tucan/Quetzal. We've since stayed at several other chains including RIU, Dreams, and Secrets. We find the food and drinks to be a notch better at some of those resorts, like the RIU Palace in Cancun and Secrets Capri (adults only AI) just north of Playa. But none of them had the atmosphere and feel of the Tucan, and that's why we and others return there. It is a family resort, but as a couple we enjoy it there! You'll find reviews on tripadvisor of course. Another site that has even more reviews as well as photos and videos is the Iberostar Boards site -

Thank you Bluewater. I value your opinion as I have taken some of your advice for cruise excursions and never been disappointed. Our plans were to go in either December or January, but I unfortunately didn't realize how cool it can be that time of year. I'm torn now if we should take a chance on the weather, or book a cruise instead.

We’ve been there in December and January and the weather is very nice and the ocean is warm but the pool can be a bit cool (similar to the ship pool). It’s getting into the dry season after the rainy season so you can count on nice days.

If you look into it you’ll find there was a fire last Sept or Oct, a lobby and a restaurant or 2 were destroyed. But they’re back open now and the reviews are great. The monkeys and other wildlife and jungle weren’t affected fortunately.

If you decide to go on a cruise keep the Tucan in your back pocket! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Loving this thread, even the posts from 10 years ago! (:eek:)

Anyone have experiences with Isla Mujeres Palace of Isla Mujeres in general? I'm all cruise, but wife wants a quieter laid back vacation. She keeps mentioning Cancun, but doesn't want giant resort that is crowded. Isla Mujeres seems almost perfect, and is close enough to still be 'cancun' (to her, lol)

I like the no-hassle of AI but still trying to determine if that is a waste of money at a resort. We stayed at an AI in St Thomas once and I love not worrying about food, but we do not drink alcohol... at all. So I felt like I was wasting money. Options??

Loving this thread, even the posts from 10 years ago! (:eek:)

Anyone have experiences with Isla Mujeres Palace of Isla Mujeres in general? I'm all cruise, but wife wants a quieter laid back vacation. She keeps mentioning Cancun, but doesn't want giant resort that is crowded. Isla Mujeres seems almost perfect, and is close enough to still be 'cancun' (to her, lol)

I like the no-hassle of AI but still trying to determine if that is a waste of money at a resort. We stayed at an AI in St Thomas once and I love not worrying about food, but we do not drink alcohol... at all. So I felt like I was wasting money. Options??

We've just visited Isla Mujeres for the day a few times and enjoy that. You can easily ferry to the town of Cancun or the hotel zone for the day and "retreat" to your place on IM. The AI option is a nice option for those who like that freedom, there are also condo rentals and boutique hotels that are very nice if you decide to try that option.

IM is very laid back and I would consider staying there for part of our vacation except that my wife gets bored there. She likes to be able to go other places and so we choose to travel to the Riviera Maya near Playa Del Carmen for that and other reasons. We're also building a home there because of the ease of traveling to areas to the south and west. But IM may work for you, follow threads on the Tripadvisor forum along with reviews of the resorts you're considering.

Edited by blue_water

• 9 months later...
How about le Blanc? I know its pricier, but will pay more if the food/service and accomadations are exceptional. Looking for more relaxing and tranquil resort as opposed to party-central.

Try Excellence Resort we go to Mexico every year in Sept and stay there or at Secrets. We only do adults only.

Excellence and Secrets are on par as adults-only options.

I think for someone who wants great cuisine but does not drink alcohol, a nice boutique beach hotel is the way to go.

There is a very, very nice boutique hotel on the west coast of IM facing the RM, I'd have to look up the name.

There are very nice boutique hotels in Playa Del Carmen as well, El Taj is a great spot on the beach within walking distance so many excellent restaurants.