Norwegian Breakaway

Nana57

Never been on a Norwegian cruise. Thinking of going on the Breakaway out of NY August 16. Do I have to book MDR in advance to eat dinners? How about shows? Do I just go to the shows after dinner or do I need tickets? Is it too late to book this cruise bc of dining and shows? I've been sailing on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity for over 25 years. Thinking of trying the Breakaway. Any advice for a newbie?

Never been on a Norwegian cruise. Thinking of going on the Breakaway out of NY August 16. Do I have to book MDR in advance to eat dinners? How about shows? Do I just go to the shows after dinner or do I need tickets? Is it too late to book this cruise bc of dining and shows? I've been sailing on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity for over 25 years. Thinking of trying the Breakaway. Any advice for a newbie?

No need to book the MDR in advance, unless you are a large party. I do recommend booking shows and specialty restauarants in advance. If it helps, I just booked the 8/30 cruise yesterday, and there looks to still be plenty of availability for shows and dining, so I wouldn't think that 8/16 would be too much more difficult.

Get the NCL iConcierge app for your smart phone. I wish we had done that prior to our cruise on the Breakaway. You can then sit with your fellow pax while waiting to board at the pier & book all your shows & dinners at specialty restaurants right from there!

iConcierge works off the ship's WiFi so you can't use it from home. The WiFi time you spend on it is free; it doesn't count against your minutes if you purchase a WiFi package on the ship.

You didn't ask but our recommendations: Shows: Burn the Floor & anything by Second City is good. We didn't care for Rock of Ages but a LOT of other people loved it.

Restaurants: our personal fave is LeBistro. I would recommend Moderno, the Brazilian Steakhouse (DW didn't care for it)

Have a great cruise!

Tom