Jewel: Which terminal?

Sailing Grandma

We will be on the Jewel of the Seas in January and are visiting Martinique. For those who have been on the Jewel recently, did you dock at Pointe Simon Terminal (located in downtown Fort-de-France) or at La Tourelles, which is a mile from downtown?

Thank you for your help.

I was in March 2014 on the Jewel and we were docked at Pointe Simon Terminal. On the other pier you mentioned was another (French) Cruise Ship. So I don't know if we were just lucky or if the Jewel is always docked there. You might wait for a second opinion...

I live in Martinique, excuse my english then. :p

The jewel of the seas always docks at Pointe Simon Terminal because this dock is reserved for the transits calls. Unlike to the Tourelle dock who is reserved for the embarking and disembarking passengers for the lines such as Costa, MSC and CDF.

I hope I have helped. :D

I live in Martinique, excuse my english then. :p

The jewel of the seas always docks at Pointe Simon Terminal because this dock is reserved for the transits calls. Unlike to the Tourelle dock who is reserved for the embarking and disembarking passengers for the lines such as Costa, MSC and CDF.

I hope I have helped. :D

Thanks for your help. We are looking forward to our stop in Martinique!

JJacques:

As a local, which beach do you recommend for Saturday (Dec 6). I will take a taxi and I just need a chair rental and a beer!

Thanks

The most practical and economical solution is to take a madinina ferry near the port for Pointe Du Bout. Then you direct you to the beach of the hotel Bakoua to 1 minute walk. You can to find a chair rental and beach bar.

Or you take a taxi to the beautiful beach of the Salines but it's far !

I hope I have helped.

• 2 months later...
We will be on the Jewel of the Seas in January and are visiting Martinique. For those who have been on the Jewel recently, did you dock at Pointe Simon Terminal (located in downtown Fort-de-France) or at La Tourelles, which is a mile from downtown?

Thank you for your help.

We will be on the same cruise. Please give me a heads up if you find any more info. We are looking to just hit the beaches at each port and snorkel.

The most practical and economical solution is to take a madinina ferry near the port for Pointe Du Bout. Then you direct you to the beach of the hotel Bakoua to 1 minute walk. You can to find a chair rental and beach bar.

Is there natural shade or could we rent umbrellas?

• 1 month later...