pre-existing waiver

Kristi1357

I booked a cruise on January 31 for Feb 2016. I totally spaced about buying travel insurance within 15 days of booking for the pre-existing condition waiver.

Prices for my stateroom are the same as when I booked. Could I cancel & make a new booking so that I could get the pre-existing condition coverage?

Kristi,

No. If you rebook for the same dates or re-use the funds for a similar trip, it counts as the same trip. However, there are some insurance companies that allow you to have a pre-existing waiver as long as you purchase the policy before final payment. I think CSA is one, and the nice folks as tripinsurancestore will know the other one as well as explain the nuances if you wish.

Edited by cherylandtk

I am completed baffled on whether or not to get travel/cruise insurance. I have never used insurance before. But my husband had a heart attack last September, so I have to get one that includes "pre-existing conditions". i was told by one insurance company that I need to get the insurance within 14 days of booking a cruise, which I just booked on 3-16-15, for a trip that leaves on 3-6-15 to the Canary Islands.

What is your feelings on this? And can I get insurance without being rushed to get one within the 14 day time span?

Thanks.

Kristi,

No. If you rebook for the same dates or re-use the funds for a similar trip, it counts as the same trip. However, there are some insurance companies that allow you to have a pre-existing waiver as long as you purchase the policy before final payment. I think CSA is one, and the nice folks as tripinsurancestore will know the other one as well as explain the nuances if you wish.

You need to get insurance within that 14 (or 21?) day window. Don't wait since he has known conditions. Something could happen to keep you from traveling or something could happen while you're traveling.

Check out trip insurance store dot com. You can call and explain what the issues are are they will suggest policies.

Sunbird. I also agree with contacting the staff at Trip Insurance Store. They have a wealth of information on their website that explains what trip insurance IS and ISN'T. You will find a suitable policy from amongst their pre-screened, carefully selected suppliers. Other websites will sell you a cheaper (but less robust) policy, but Steve only sells policies 'that allow him to sleep well at night'.

thanks for the advice. Seems many people are steering me toward Steve's site. I called Vanguard several days ago, and they seemed a bit abrupt on the phone. I will give Steve a call in the next few days. Appreciate the feedback

Susan

Sunbird. I also agree with contacting the staff at Trip Insurance Store. They have a wealth of information on their website that explains what trip insurance IS and ISN'T. You will find a suitable policy from amongst their pre-screened, carefully selected suppliers. Other websites will sell you a cheaper (but less robust) policy, but Steve only sells policies 'that allow him to sleep well at night'.