Dunn's River and Nine Mile

GalCruzer

We were looking to do both of these together by way of a private tour company since it is not offered as a ship excursion.

But not sure if it is possible (or if we want to do them together) because I've gotten 2 quotes and both say will take approximately 6 hours. We will be docked from 8-4 so that makes it a little close for me. I did say with a couple hours at Dunn's River so maybe I could cut that short...

Any other suggestions...

And how do people manage to take pics at Dunn's River? Water proof cameras, water proof camera carrying cases? Where does everyone put their cameras in other words. Thanks

BTW, this is docking in Ocho Rios from the Carnival Splendor.

Edited by GalCruzer

• 1 month later...
We were looking to do both of these together by way of a private tour company since it is not offered as a ship excursion.

But not sure if it is possible (or if we want to do them together) because I've gotten 2 quotes and both say will take approximately 6 hours. We will be docked from 8-4 so that makes it a little close for me. I did say with a couple hours at Dunn's River so maybe I could cut that short...

Any other suggestions...

And how do people manage to take pics at Dunn's River? Water proof cameras, water proof camera carrying cases? Where does everyone put their cameras in other words. Thanks

BTW, this is docking in Ocho Rios from the Carnival Splendor.

Unless this is through the ship, I would say timing isn't in your best interest. You have about 2.5 hours of driving alone. Even if you got off the ship right at 8, you won't be on the road until 8:30 (maybe even 9 if you take bus....they'll try to fill it before they leave). Dunns River generally takes 2 hours. Those two things combined take you to 1 PM. You need to be back on the ship 30 minutes prior to sail away time, so that leaves AT MOST 1.5 hours at 9 mile. This doesn't account stopping for lunch.

I wouldn't chance it. Do one or the other if its not through the ship. Falmouth is a popular RCCL stop, so you'll have another chance down the road.

Yeah had scrapped the idea after getting a couple quotes from a couple different touring companies and was confirmed that these activities would take 5.5-6 hours. I decided that is too close for an 8 hour day in Jamaica. Or anywhere else for that matter. Thanks for your response :)

Yeah had scrapped the idea after getting a couple quotes from a couple different touring companies and was confirmed that these activities would take 5.5-6 hours. I decided that is too close for an 8 hour day in Jamaica. Or anywhere else for that matter. Thanks for your response :)

You're probably going to be able to do more than you think. Yes, Nine Miles is actually around 26 miles from Ocho Rios and is supposed to take over an hour to get there by vehicle so if your heart is set on that then do it first.

DRF is 2.5 miles from the port so it would be on the way back and you would know how your time looks. If you have a private driver you are not going to get delayed as much as those in groups/tours.

Have you been to the Blue Hole before?