vegan meals

lactmom4sons

Hmmm...y'all really jumped the gun making fun!

People do follow a vegan diet for reasons other than an ethical commitment. One common reason is lactose intolerance, which is rarely acknowledged with friendly menu helpers like V, GF, etc. As milk is an animal product, V does cover preparations suitable for a person who requires a lactose-free diet. But, plenty of lactose intolerant people can and do like to eat meat, poultry and seafood (as long as it's not drenched in a milk-based sauce, topped by melted cheese, etc.) So V is an imperfect designation for their diet.

I note the OP's handle is lactmom4sons. That may or may not be a clue!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Hmmm...y'all really jumped the gun making fun!

People do follow a vegan diet for reasons other than an ethical commitment. One common reason is lactose intolerance, which is rarely acknowledged with friendly menu helpers like V, GF, etc. As milk is an animal product, V does cover preparations suitable for a person who requires a lactose-free diet. But, plenty of lactose intolerant people can and do like to eat meat, poultry and seafood (as long as it's not drenched in a milk-based sauce, topped by melted cheese, etc.) So V is an imperfect designation for their diet.

I note the OP's handle is lactmom4sons. That may or may not be a clue!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

From my experience of ordering from the main menu, a simple solution is to ask for the sauce on the side (if at all). Maybe a wedge of lemon for my fish dish if available, please - and that's never been a problem.

Artemis, as regard to the OPs' handle, I wouldn't hazard guess. Regards, -Salacia

Edited by Salacia

Not really, you are either vegan or you're not. It's rather like saying you're a little bit pregnant.

The OP may well have a diet that is very low in meat for whatever reason, but that's not vegan.

I think the OP is lactose sensitive. This means avoiding all things diary, and probably looks for vegan prepared food in order to avoid lactose as vegans also avoid all things dairy. However people who describe them self as vegan don't eat meat or fish and the true vegan will not use any product that comes from an animal including clothes and accessories. The OP did confuse the issue, hence the laughter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

thank you for the information. For those so concerned what type of vegan i am. my husband had some recent very serious medical issues which made me concerned about improving my diet. I am trying to go vegan for the most part. No milk products, no red meat and only one serving of fish or chicken per week. Not a strict vegan but maybe some day. doing this for my health and my family. no concerns for what strict vegan may think of me not being a purist. I feel well and have also lost weight which is good.

will not act like a primadonna to the staff. there are many options available to find meals that agree with what i want. concerned not to ask for vegan in main dining area without previous notice, that would be inconsiderate.

i am not lactose intolerant. great quess but wrong. i am a lactation consultant.

Have a great time on any cruise you may be planning.

I am totally confused, I always thought Vegans did not eat meat, fish, poultry, dairy, eggs etc., any product that it derived from animals. So why would you want vegan food to accompany your non-vegan food?

I thought I just explained myself. Thank you for helpful answers to my question. I did not realize that one had to explain their personal dietary habits to get an answer . I would not questions why you eat,dress, or think as you do. We are individuals that can think and act, eat as we like. I am not telling pure vegans to eat as I do. Thank you for answers to my question. Enjoy your day and cruises .