Which PG staff do we love to remember?

Emdee

There used to be a very nice, slightly older woman who ran the shop selling pearls on the PG. She was Tahitian and worked for Marlon Brando at one point. Does anyone know her name and what happened to her. She was a blast to speak to..

I remember her being on the ship in Regent days. After she went there was Ann who went back to France.

I think Mihi joined the store in more recent years post Regent.

Convinced you are talking about Ann. DD remembers her telling us the story. She was definitely there in Nov 2009 working in the store and sold me my Tahia pearl strand. We hithered and thithered about the pearls so DD made many trips to the store and chatted her up a lot. There was a Tahitian guy there who never really believed we would buy the strand and was so shocked that we didn't wear them on Tahitian night, the night when every Regent passenger wore their purchases. It's so different now...no flaunting of expensive purchases. Though I must say I love the Tahia stuff more than what they have now and treasure my pieces.

I think she was there in 2011 but was gone in 2013. Likely since Tahia was out and Hinerava took over.

Edited by Emdee

Her name was Cynthia....found out from Raina....

Yes, her name is Cynthia and her husband was the Chief Purser for Air Tahiti Nui. I believe they are both retired now. She is in fact Hawaiian if my memory is correct. I remember her telling the story of how Marlon Brando kept calling her "Sylvia". She had some great stories. Very pretty lady.

Yes, her name is Cynthia and her husband was the Chief Purser for Air Tahiti Nui. I believe they are both retired now. She is in fact Hawaiian if my memory is correct. I remember her telling the story of how Marlon Brando kept calling her "Sylvia". She had some great stories. Very pretty lady.

Cynthia L.Agena Garbutt. She is on FB.

Don't remember her at all though she apparently did the Black Pearl talks. Ann was there from 2003 to 2011 for sure. She went to France.

Where is Raina now? She was lovely and we had her a few times too.