Group Booking

I'm looking to book my wedding with Royal Caribbean. I have an idea how many will be attending, but not a firm head count. I know that you can block rooms and let people decide whether to book on their own, but I'd prefer to use a travel agent. So I was wondering if anyone had used a travel agent for this with their wedding and if anyone had recommendations for getting the best deal. I typically use Cruise Compete, but since I don't know exactly who is coming (or what type of room they want) I'm not sure this is a good option. Thanks in advance!

I'm looking to book my wedding with Royal Caribbean. I have an idea how many will be attending, but not a firm head count. I know that you can block rooms and let people decide whether to book on their own, but I'd prefer to use a travel agent. So I was wondering if anyone had used a travel agent for this with their wedding and if anyone had recommendations for getting the best deal. I typically use Cruise Compete, but since I don't know exactly who is coming (or what type of room they want) I'm not sure this is a good option. Thanks in advance!

Travel Agents are always the best for groups . The TA will keep track of all reservations and link them together .

I'm booking a group through Norwegian and I'm using one of their personal cruise consultants and he is handeling everything. He notifies me every time someone has booked. He lets me know how many more rooms we need till our free berth. He told me to tell all my guest to contact him with any questions they have. It's only been two months but so far the experience has been commendable. What exactly are the advantages outside of what I mentioned above, in booking with a TA?

<3 Crystal

• 2 months later...

I am getting married with RCL in July 2017. I used a travel agent to block about 40 rooms, since I only had a general idea of preferences of attendees and a very general number for those who are attending. We blocked a mix of Ocean view and Inside staterooms. The suites blocks are a little more pricey. Most of the guests we have booked today have selected the ocean view staterooms with balcony. I also received a quote from Royal Group Events to see if there were any differences from the group rates. I decided to go with a TA for a couple of reasons, the block fees were less $50 per room vs $200 per room with group events, more OBC's for guests and I wanted someone else to do all the leg work in terms of tracking and linking reservations. 2 of my guests used points from their timeshares and booked thru royal so it was easier to link them to our group booking.

Congratulations on your engagement and happy planning!

• 2 weeks later...

The groups department at RCCL is super easy to work with. They are super friendly and have done everything I have requested. The deposits are more than a travel agent but the reimbursement you get with RCCL are the best, for every 8 rooms you get one guests free but have to pay taxes and fees. It's totally worth it! I have enjoyed working with them.