Amber Cove Zipline

Hoosier-Cruiser

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I noticed that my pre-reservation for the Amber Cove zipline has been changed for my cruise in March. The excursion is also no longer available for booking. Does anyone know if the zipline is still operational? Thanks.

If you can get out of it, I highly reccommend doing so. I was in Amber Cove in January and was not impressed at what I saw from the cruise line zipline.

We went to grabbed a cab and went to Monkey Jungle. It as phenomenal and they work with cruisers really well. Phenomenal.

http://monkeyjungledr.com/

• 3 weeks later...
Tell me about the monkey jungle. My daughter wants to go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They were super easy to book through. You just send them a text message via the number on their website and let them know when you are coming in, what ship (they give priority to cruisers since you have a set leaving time), and when you're coming in and they'll confirm. No deposit required.

When we got off, we went through and got a Taxi to the Monkey Jungle and they knew where that was. It was about 40 minutes through the cities and another 30-40 through a "jungle" so to speak.

Also, just saw you're on Splendor in 2017. We just got back from Splendor. Enjoy!

When we got there, the guy who owns it (American Dentist from TN) was there to greet us, make small talk, etc. There were 4 of us and another group of 2 that went through at the same time. There were 3 workers that took us through the lines. They allow you to do almost anything you want on the lines so you have the ability to be as daring or conservative as you'd like.

I have been Zip Lining 3 times. Once through a private group in Roatan, once at MJ in the DR, and then just 2 weeks ago in La Romana but booked it through Carnival. The one in La Romana was by far the worst experience of any but MJ was definitely the best.

After the Zip they have a zoo that you can go through, get pictures, etc.

Edited by huskerswrkhavoc