Question about balconies on Scenic.

Im_not_creative

This may seem an odd question, but does anybody know if there is a light on the balcony on the Scenic space ships?

My wife usually likes to go to bed earlier than me, and I would prefer to sit out there and read, rather than keeping lights on in the main cabin.

I know I could go and sit in the lounge area, but that will be more disturbing for her when I come back than coming in from the balcony would be.

If it makes a difference, we will be on the Scenic Jade, on the lower of the two balcony decks.

We have been on Emerald, Diamond, Gem and this year Emerald again but different river and country. We have seen the ships upgraded and Gem was brand new, first cruise. The upgrades were superb although there was nothing wrong before, we sailed before all inclusive as well so that's an interesting comparison. Enjoy your cruise.

CA 📷

the lite was bright enough for general use,but NOT for reading...for me,at least/I always bring one of those book lites or lit kindle should work.

Wish they had SCREENS on balcony, do have glass cover but blocks off breeze.That or bugs. Even roll up screen of some sort.Love to have fresh air at nite,but impossible.

Same on ALL the boats,not just Scenic. Have mentioned this to them,on reviews,and here on CC. But NADA done.

I am a night-owl that loves to read. I have one of the clip-on reading lights that go right on the book. It focuses the light only on the pages, so does not seem to disturb my hubby sleeping beside me. You could definitely sit on your balcony, or you could use it if were sitting in one of the chairs in the room and not bother your wife at all. Mine uses the tiny flat batteries that I can buy in the Dollar Store, so it is easy to pack a tiny screwdriver and batteries.