Norwegian Star or Carnival Miracle - with or without Mazatlan?

shirlsss

Hi there,

Thinking of a last minute cruise for spring break from Los Angeles leaving March 30-31.

Carnival Miracle $1450 - no Mazatlan

Norwegian Star $1336 - with Mazatlan

DS is 13 and I'm early 40s. We've cruised up to Cabo only, so haven't been to PV and Mazatlan.

Would appreciate any insight considering the ship, Mazatlan port stop and activities, food options, on-board entertainment (I like live music venues), and price (not the top consideration since the difference is fairly small).

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!!

Have not done anything on the Miracle so cannot give you advice from that side, however was just on the Star from the 8th to the 16th. Myself 38, Wife 35, Son 15, Daughter 12.

Our favorite stop was Mazatlan. We actually slept in, ate breakfast on ship. Walked off ship and got on pier shuttle around 10:30am, shopped in little shopping area around pier, took taxi to Golden Zone. Asked to be dropped of at Ponchos las Cabanas. This is right across the street from a pretty cool sea shell store. We just walked through the archway onto the beach and walked until we found a cool spot in front of Joe's Oyster Bar. Rented chairs and umbrella. Played on the beach, rented waverunners, and really enjoyed the waves.

Good luck with decision..