Vantage Fares/Increasing #nights on TA Crossings/Christmas cruises

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Hi,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]I would like to ask what Cunard can do to get more people to book early as the new vantage fares give $80 pp obc for a 7 Night Transatlantic across all categories when before they used to offer the higher grade the more onboard spend.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Also please tell me in 2014 you don't intend increasing a crossing from 7 to 8 nights as I have heard you may do.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]And one last thing please keep the Christmas Caribbean crossings going in December of each year we would love to do this next year.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Thanks.[/SIZE][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the question. We believe - in the UK that the vantage fares offer the bes value and peace of mind to book early. We have 2 8 night crossings in 2013 - and they are selling well. We will continue to have most of our crossings at 7 nights in the future as we believe that is the optimal lenght. In 2014 we will have a few at 8 nights - but with a special twist that think our loyal Cunarders will love. We also plan to continue our very popular Queen Mary 2 Caribbean Christmas supported by a crossing in both directions - so we look forward to welcoming you back in te future. Best Regards. Peter

[quote name='Peter Shanks']Thanks for the question. We believe - in the UK that the vantage fares offer the bes value and peace of mind to book early. We have 2 8 night crossings in 2013 - and they are selling well. We will continue to have most of our crossings at 7 nights in the future as we believe that is the optimal lenght. In 2014 we will have a few at 8 nights - but with a special twist that think our loyal Cunarders will love. We also plan to continue our very popular Queen Mary 2 Caribbean Christmas supported by a crossing in both directions - so we look forward to welcoming you back in te future. Best Regards. Peter[/quote]
Have a feeling tke twist may be Liverpool-Southampton - Newyork.
Peter thanks for confirming you will continue the caribbean and the 2 crossings in Dec 14.
Best Regards
Kevin

[quote name='Peter Shanks'] We believe - in the UK that the vantage fares offer the bes value and peace of mind to book early.[/quote]

As someone who is flexible on date and itinerary, in what way do the Vantage fares offer me, and many others, the best value? The balcony cabins on the cruise I'm thinking of booking have now come down by £300 per person, and I've taken the Vantage fare OBC plus 5% discount for WC membership into account, total net saving to date of £600.

As for peace of mind, it's easy enough to check availability now and again to get an idea of how a cruise is selling.

The reason for taking longer and from moving from 6 nights to 7 nights was to save fuel - and with the extreme incraese in the price of oil we thought better that than keep going fast and putting our prices up significantly. I think we now have the balance about right and feedback from guests support that. We do have the power up our sleeve at all times though - for example we were able to leave New York on full power to safely stay ahead of Hurricane Sandy - at 24 knots into an 80 knot headwind - and dinner was just fine that night for those onboard. There is simply nothing to match Queen Mary 2 on the Transatlantic. Peter

Archived