Bermuda nightlife

be4life182

Never been to Bermuda before so I am wondering how the nightlife is? Haven't read much on it so I am assuming it is quiet, but I could be very wrong.

Reason I ask is for the NCL Ultimate Beverage Package. It cost $434 for the week, which is a no brainer for me on any other cruise. Fairly big drinker. But if I am going to spend all my time off ship for 3 days, including nights, then it might not be.

So what's your experience? What time did you go back to the ship at night?

Thank you.

Hi,

Have a look at this : http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_0000df.htm

When not going out at the Dockyard, the problem is the return trip to the ship. No ferries and no busses late at night. After midnight the taxi will cost you 25% more... So you will end up with a costly return to the ship.

Enjoy Hamilton until the last ferry or bus, and enjoy your drinking package on the ship :)

Have fun !

Sebas,

Thanks this helps me out a lot. I have read similar stuff before I guess but never being there its hard to picture the layout of the island. Being docked over at the royal naval dockyard makes it a little tougher.

Anyone else?

Sebas,

Thanks this helps me out a lot. I have read similar stuff before I guess but never being there its hard to picture the layout of the island. Being docked over at the royal naval dockyard makes it a little tougher.

Anyone else?

I'll chime in. As the other poster said once the transportation stops it limits ones options unless you are willing to spend a fortune in cab fare. There a few nice little places in the dockyard to have a drink but these can be pricey as well for someone like me who will sit for 3 or more drinks if I am having fun. Nice for a walk around and a drink here and there. On the way out of the dockyard, about the last little building on the left is a convenience store. You can buy a 6 pack and hang out at the picnic tables outside and have a drink. The lady who owns the store lets you keep what you buy in the fridge and come back for them one at a time. Nice for an inexpensive happy hour right on the water! Also keep in mind you will probably be returning for dinner every night as the vast majority does and after that there is really no way to get anywhere. That being said the ship has a lot of night time options and where I may be in the minority I actually like the Dockyard area. I think depending on your own drinking habits the answer about the UBP will come to you. Hope this helps!

Have a great cruise:D

Thanks for the tip about the beer place in the dockyard - what's the policy on drinking in public places - ie beaches, parks etc?

Thanks!

Dennis

It is not allowed. The store has an outdoor seating area where you can drink outside as do a lot of bars. I have ordered a beer to go at a dockyard bar where they put it in a to go cup for you to walk around with. Not completely sure it is legal but I didn't have any problems. Ask a cop as there are plenty and they are friendly and will answer your questions.