Starfish Island HELP Please!!!

beachpeke

We will be on the Dream in a couple of weeks and just checking out excursions on the Carnival site. Saw an excursion to Starfish Island and it has no reviews. Wondering if anyone has been there and what it is like. Really struggling with what to do in Belize.

It just showed up as an available excursion on my Carnival Pride cruise in November. The pictures look like it is a "re-made" Bannister Island. The timing would be right. Also, Bannister Island was known for it's Starfish off the beach. I bet that's it.

If it's Bannister Island, we've been there twice. We enjoyed it- nice beach (though the sand isn't the really soft kind, more like the florida keys kind- shelly), nice swim area, chairs, bar service, really reasonable drink prices and food too... and kayaks and such. It was a very nice beach day, which isn't easy to come by in Belize. The main draw at that time was that they tendered you right there from the boat without the need to go all the way into Belize city, then back out on another boat shuttle. This saved time and added convenience. Of course if you were looking forward to going to Belize City it was not good for you. Search for posts by Mitsugirly... she has a review of Bannister Island in her signature I think.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a review on the Carnival site now under the Starfish excursion. They gave it 5 stars and said it was worth going. I almost booked it and then I saw it only lasts from 8 to noon and that seemed so short. Kind of a waste when we are in port from 8 to 5. What more does it cost them to let people stay longer? Maybe less time that they would be shopping in the port although I have no interest in that. And it includes lunch so it doesn't even help that you would be back on the ship in time to have lunch. It's frustrating that there doesn't seem to be an all day beach trip offered that has good reviews.

• 2 weeks later...