When To Book Europe Airfare

Rosstu

My fiancee and I are going on our honeymoon cruise next March and will be flying from Miami-Rome. I have never flown internationally so I dont know how much the fares change. They seem to be holding steady the last few weeks. Is there a certain time of year or month I should wait until to purchase tickets? Also, is there a latest date I should have my tickets purchased for late March? I don't want to wait in hopes of finding a cheaper and then they go way up all of a sudden. I know theres no way to really know when and how fares will change, I was just hoping for some general guidelines.

Unfortunately, no. However if you have been watching the costs for the past few weeks, you have a good idea of what is out there price wise. I would therefore decide what I would like to pay and do so when the price is where I think it can be based on the last few weeks. Also, I pick a flight and look at the seating charts to see how full a particular flight is and that helps me decide when to purchase also. Good luck on both the wedding and the fabulous honeymoon!

Pooh

You might want to be sure you are well clear of the 2 weeks prior to Easter week, always a bad time for Rome airfares.

The upside is you can still catch "shoulder" rates much better than you will find in June - August.

Be sure to keep an eye on Kayak.com for "Buzz Fare" and plug in "Europe", next March...

Archived