ATV in Antigua

Marylandteachergirl

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

We did the ATV Tour in Antigua which was an excursion offered with the Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas. We had a really fun time! It was my first time driving an ATV and caught on pretty quickly. With me on the excursion was my fiancée and his daughter who is 19 years old. This was what attracted us to the tour because my fiancée's daughter could drive (she does have her drivers license) but some of the ATV tours offered in other ports indicated that the driver must be 21 years of age. Anyways, she's the only one in our party who had experience.

The staff of the tour turned on our machines, outfitted us with helmets, (and sunglasses if you didn't bring your own). They do check your drivers license and you have to fill out a waiver form and give you brief instructions on how to operate the ATV. The group was very small (It was either 10 or 12 of us in total).

The tour operator had a staff member leading the group and another staff member at the back of the pack to make sure everyone was good. We were lead down trails that were once sugar cane fields and we all rode in single file. We did have a bit of tropical rain so we ended up covered in mud, which was part of the fun of it!!! I would recommend wearing shoes and clothes you don't mind getting dirty and don't plan on wearing for the rest of the trip (that is if the conditions are muddy).

We did cross some roadways in which we were safely led by the tour staff, but keep in mind, drivers on the roads in Antigua drive on the left hand side of the road!

We did about 10 miles in total on the ATVs, (5 miles out then a short break, then 5 miles back) and rode at what seemed a relatively normal and safe speed and all in single file. At the mid-way point (after the first 5 miles) the staff offered us bottled water, but I don't think anybody had any because the weather was moderate and had been a bit rainy.

If I remember correctly, the tour left at 8:30am from the pier and by the time we got back to the pier it was about 11:30am or so.

It was a ton of fun and seems like a good activity for people who haven't used ATV's before or have minimal experience. It also seems like it is also for people who aren't inclined to go fast and whip around in an ATV.

It was definitely a hoot and would do it again!

We ended up pre-booking this excursion not long after we booked the cruise because they don't take very many people (as previously mentioned 10-12).

Hopefully this information helps! If you have any questions, let me know!

Alexa (cruisepro19)

PS: there are bathroom facilities at the starting point once you get to the ATV site.