Orient/grand Case

dancersp119

Give us a little more information please. Are you there for the day or planning a trip before/after a cruise? Are you looking for a beach day (clothes or no clothes) or a foodie day? Both places have their high points but it depends on what you are looking for.

Give us a little more information please. Are you there for the day or planning a trip before/after a cruise? Are you looking for a beach day (clothes or no clothes) or a foodie day? Both places have their high points but it depends on what you are looking for.

there are 4 of us --all adults..looking for relaxing day with good food and drink..restrooms and changing facilities...

Orient Beach is a beautiful beach with lots of action. There are many places to rent a lounger, have a few drinks and eat. They have lots of activities including rentals of water toys and more. There are vendors that walk the beach and there is of course Club Orient if you want to lay out sans clothing.

Grand Case has restaurants that have loungers that you can rent/use and have drinks and food too. I would say it isn't as crowded as Orient Beach and just as beautiful. We felt Grand Case was "quieter" and fit us better. We actually rented a condo on the beach there for a week prior to our cruise. It was located next door to the Rainbow Cafe. The folks there were very nice and the food and drinks tasty. Grand Case has some wonderful restaurants if you will be around for dinner too.

there are 4 of us --all adults..looking for relaxing day with good food and drink..restrooms and changing facilities...

Since these two places are on different sides of the island I would research both and follow storms and the seaweed issues and make your decision just before you leave.

I'm more of a Grand Case person than an Orient person but that may be because I am a foodie first.:')

We will be in St. Martin next week during our cruise. We are looking for a low key beach where we can spend the day and Rainbow Café at Grand Case came up as an option. We were torn between Orient Beach, as we have been there before. Loved it, but would like to know if the beach area is as nice at Grand Case as well. Orient seems to be very crowded. Thank you.

As I said before, we spent one glorious week in a condo on the beach right next door to the Rainbow Cafe prior to our Wind Star cruise. The beach was wonderful there! You could walk a decent amount in either direction with no vendors in sight. The Rainbow Cafe folks got to know us over the week we were there and took care of us very nicely :)

The food there was all very good. We had breakfast, lunch and appetizers as well as drinks throughout the week hanging out at the beach. They have loungers and umbrellas and parking if you drive over. We were in the water everyday just hanging out and relaxing. You could watch the small planes come in to land up the beach a little further. Just a wonderful, peaceful spot that really made for a lovely, relaxing week.

When it was time to board for our cruise, we drove around the island and stopped at Orient Beach. Years ago I had an uncle that use to go to Club Orient so I wanted to stop there in his honor. While there was lots of activity going on, it was just too crowded for us and wasn't what we were looking for at that time.

We will be in St. Martin next week during our cruise. We are looking for a low key beach where we can spend the day and Rainbow Café at Grand Case came up as an option. We were torn between Orient Beach, as we have been there before. Loved it, but would like to know if the beach area is as nice at Grand Case as well. Orient seems to be very crowded. Thank you.

Orient beach is a very popular beach for cruisers. So lok into how many ships are in port. If 3 or less I would not worry at all with crowd size at Orient as it is a very Long Beach with many, many beach bar/restaurants.

If Orient is in good shape it's lovely and Grand Case beach can't hold a candle to it, BUT there have been reports that Orient and Dawn as well have experienced a lot of seaweed this summer.

I checked the cruiseship schedule next week and Tuesday and Thursday were the busiest days and both days had 2 ships being in port.

Edited by Karysa