what to do in San Juan when you cruise arrive early in the morning... PLEASE HELP!

La Lola de Espana

Forget breakfast in the ship and walk over to Casa Mayorca and have breakfast there. I am hesitant to recommend La Mallorquina as well since I've read reviews and even talked to locals that used to eat there about the quality of food having gone down the drain and not being a good value at all due to high prices. After breakfast, take a leisurely walk to the forts. While San Geronimo takes up more real estate, El Morro is more impressive if only for it's imposing size and height. If you decide for El Morro, you got three options to walk back: there's a path that snakes around the base of El Morro's and the city's walls to the old city gate, then to Paseo de la Princesa and finally to the pier or, walk down Cristo street, passing in front of San Juan cathedral some nice shops, the front of La Fortaleza (the Governor's house) and the pigeon park (if you have kids they're going to love it!!), down Tetuan street then down Tanca to the pier or, down Caleta de Las Monjas to the city gate. Now the constant use of the word "down" since from the forts, it's always downhill.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I love San Juan. It's a shame your stay is so short. I would research breakfast places and have breakfast. Then I would go to El Morro Fort. We loved it. We walked there as we wanted to see the different neighborhoods along the way. After, we went to the main shopping area and enjoyed walking around. This was many years ago with my husband. Back then the shops had little Dixie cups of alcohol at their entrance. They were free. Needless to say, we felt very happy. :) One of the very best port days I have had.