Ya Ya or PItaya ??

lovetexas

Trying to decide on a beach day in Costa maya.

Several choices look good, but we want to stay away from the party crowd, and would like something relaxing.

These two have great reveiws

Anyone have any input please?

Pitaya then. YaYa get cruise excursions. Pitaya is new and appears to be more oriented toward a European beach resort experience, versus the typical American beach party vibe. And being new it doesn't get quite as many pre bookers yet. I'm sure that will change. Also look into Blue Kay with a more longer term hotel staying environment than a day tripper beach..

After lots of research, we are leaning toward Pitaya for our trip there next month. I messaged them and Gaia got right back with me to answer my questions. We are a mom and adult daughter just looking for someplace to relax, without a lot of noise or partying. Our ship will be there from 12-8. Last time in Costa Maya we were there from 12-8 but it was December and it got dark early so this will be a different kind of trip.

• 2 weeks later...
We just reserved Pitaya and paid our $14.99 and the receipt says YaYa/Pitaya. Do the same people own both?

Hmm, not what I've heard.. But I'm only going by info on website and what Steve Uhl at Tropicante told me on an inquiry. And Yayas is closer to Calle Coronado in the opposite direction. Might want to check it out when you go.

• 1 month later...

I'll agree that the menus are similar. Maybe they use the same kitchen or have similar owners. But the facilities are NOT next to each other. YaYa is on the north side of Coronado just south of Hotel Caballo Blanco. Pitaya is on the north side of Martillo about a malecon block closer toward the port, but south of Tropicante.