Advice Pls Carnival's Beach House Exclusive Getaway or suggestions? Mahog Bay Roatan

bichonandon

We (40s couple) will be traveling with my MIL, who is in her 80s. Her mobility isn't great, although she can walk unassisted most of the time. We are looking for comfortable, entertaining excursions that won't exhaust her. She likes to have a nice cocktail now and then, but isn't able to sit at a crowded beach all day.

So because cabanas are sold out for our trip, we found this Beach House Exclusive Getaway for Roatan, and it seems okay, but I read some reviews from a couple years ago and wondered if anyone had any recent experiences with this home/excursion?

Or, alternatively, would you be able to suggest something for us to consider in order to make sure my MIL has a wonderful time in Roatan? Thank you!

Your situation sounds very familiar to when we took the family and MIL to Roatan in July. MIL mobility sounds about the same. Did a tour with Victor Bodden "Best of" with monkeys too (MIL skipped that part). Highlight of the trip for MIL. We also did a glass bottom reef tour, MIL already back on the ship, but I think that might be a suitable excursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I forgot to say our driver's name was Ron, he was fantastic. He showed us all the sights and the non touristy areas, gave lots of cultural insights (and he picked cashew fruit and fruit in a bag). He also dropped off those that were done at the port early while the rest of us went back out to party!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your situation sounds very familiar to when we took the family and MIL to Roatan in July. MIL mobility sounds about the same. Did a tour with Victor Bodden "Best of" with monkeys too (MIL skipped that part). Highlight of the trip for MIL. We also did a glass bottom reef tour, MIL already back on the ship, but I think that might be a suitable excursion.

Thank you! Sounds like a blast. I'll look into them!