National Express stop

We took the National Express bus from Heathrow to Southampton last year. On the way down there, the bus made a few stops. One stop appeared to be a largge shopping mall. Does anyone know anything about this mall?

What is the best thing to do with only 1/2 day in Southampton?

Thank you!

We took the National Express bus from Heathrow to Southampton last year. On the way down there, the bus made a few stops. One stop appeared to be a largge shopping mall. Does anyone know anything about this mall?

What is the best thing to do with only 1/2 day in Southampton?

Thank you!

There is a large shopping centre in southampton called west quay which is right in the city centre. It is quite good with a variety of shops but nothing spectacular. It's one option if you only have half a day.is this pre cruise? Are you dropping your bags at the port 1st?

There is a large shopping centre in southampton called west quay which is right in the city centre. It is quite good with a variety of shops but nothing spectacular. It's one option if you only have half a day.is this pre cruise? Are you dropping your bags at the port 1st?

Our cruise will have a stop in Southampton, but I know what I want to do for a few hours, which does include the West Quay Centre. We were at the centre last time. I thought that the bus from Heathrow went thru another shopping centre on it's way to Southampton. Maybe I'm wrong. We also considered taking the train to Salisbury this time. Last time we went to Winchester.

Thank you.

Edited by chloe kitty

Our cruise will have a stop in Southampton, but I know what I want to do for a few hours, which does include the West Quay Centre. We were at the centre last time. I thought that the bus from Heathrow went thru another shopping centre on it's way to Southampton. Maybe I'm wrong.

Thank you.

I either drive by car or go by train so not sure where it might stop. To be honest It wouldn't be worth going anywhere special to a shopping centre as it will have the same shops as west quay most likely.

Salisbury is about 40 minutes by train from Southampton, and the cathedral is a very pleasant walk that should take about 20 minutes to half-an-hour - more if you keep stopping to take photographs. Like this one where the path crosses the Avon

91309858.jpg

The mall you're thinking of may be at Basingstoke, way too far from Southampton - stops on that route are Basingstoke or Winchester or Southampton University.

Since you want a change from Winchester and Southampton's West Quay Mall, mebbe Salisbury, as suggested. Plus the hoho from there to Stonehenge. But adding Stonehenge depends on your time-frame.

Southampton has a few historic bits, well worth a lazy day and very easy on foot.

Can you detail your plans?

Anticipated arrival time in Southampton, arrival and sailing days/s, accommodation in Southampton.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull