A day at the beach in Toulon

sweetpea222

Toulon is our last port before disembarking in Barcelona in July. We know the kids (age 12) will be pooped by that point, so we thought a beach day might be just the thing. Can anyone suggest a nice beach nearby, and how to get there? Do we pay for chairs or should we just bring along our beach towels from the ship? Also, what about umbrellas?

I was thinking we'd combine it with a walk around the town and hopefully a browse through the market.

Does this sound easily doable? I confess, Toulon is the last port on my mind when it comes to planning, for some reason. I want to keep it relaxing, flexible, and fun for the kids (and us!)

Toulon is our last port before disembarking in Barcelona in July. We know the kids (age 12) will be pooped by that point, so we thought a beach day might be just the thing. Can anyone suggest a nice beach nearby, and how to get there? Do we pay for chairs or should we just bring along our beach towels from the ship? Also, what about umbrellas?

I was thinking we'd combine it with a walk around the town and hopefully a browse through the market.

Does this sound easily doable? I confess, Toulon is the last port on my mind when it comes to planning, for some reason. I want to keep it relaxing, flexible, and fun for the kids (and us!)

There are very nice beaches just East of the port. You would have to take a taxi, but it is not far. They all have restaurants that rent chairs and umbrellas. Bring your own towels. Go to Google maps and look up Toulon. Just scan to the right of the port area and zoom in. You'll see the beaches, umbrellas, names of restaurant/beaches, etc. The closest beaches are Le Lido and Le Vog.

Thanks. I also read about Le Petit train de Toulon, the little train that stops at the beach and in town near the market. Has anyone taken this? Is it a worthwhile and fun way of getting around, for the kids?

We would like to go to town to the market in the morning, then head to the beach and have lunch, relax until we leave for the ship. We are in town from 9 to 5 pm, on a Sunday. Not sure if that makes a difference?

• 3 years later...

Not sure if you're still checking this link, but wondering how you made out. We, too, are looking for beach near Toulon to take our kids for the day. This would also be our last stop of a 12 day cruise.