NCL Wildlife River Tour?

Kansascruisinggirl

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone! Sorry for the late reply! I only have amazing things to say about this excursion! We were picked up right by the NCL tender location and followed our guide on a very short walk down the pier to the boat. The boat was small but most of the seats were covered which provided some much needed shade since it was incredibly hot and humid in Belize. We took off in the ocean towards the river and after about 10 minutes the crew found some wild bottlenose dolphins and brought us close to them for pictures. The dolpins swam right up to our boat and seemed just as curious about us as we were about them. We then approached the river and the area of water right outside the river is a no wake zone because of the manatees. We saw probably 10 manatees popping their snouts up for air, it was amazing. Then we entered the river, and our guide was SO informative about the area, the wildlife and nature. He also had tons of jokes and kept us laughing the whole time. We saw iguanas, howler monkeys and beautiful birds. I wish this tour had been longer because we only got to see a small part of the river before turning around. The served rum punch (and regular, boring punch lol) on our ride back. I highly recommend this tour, especially if you don't want to be active that day. It was the perfect relaxing excursion! But be sure to bring lots of water because we were sweating like crazy, even with the shade and wind. Hope this review helps!

• 2 weeks later...