Ruins and walking

ekajun1957

We are going to Belize this December on Carnival and am wondering about which one of Atun Ha, with river or without, and Xunantunich would be better if a couple in our group have some walking issues. General walking not a problem just long hills or inclines or uneven surfaces, medium long walks being the issue. Now they do understand they won't climb any of them anywhere and they will be quite happen on ground while others climb. We are going to book this through the ship as time is bit of issue so being on a ship excursion getting back on time is their problem not yours. What do you think?

Xunantunich is in the mountains, near the Guatamala border. Several big hills and uneven ground to walk on. The tour guides did have a small vehicle to carry handicapped people up one hill, but once inside the pyramid area, those people had to just stand in the shade at the bottom for over an hour while the rest of us climbed the biggest pyramid and listened to our guide talk to us at each level. It was August, and blazing hot. I don't think those handicapped people had much to see or learn as they didn't get close enough to anything.

Just my 2 cents...

2015Xunantunich25.JPG

2015Xunantunich18.JPG

view from top.... you can see people standing in shade in the very back

• 1 month later...
We are going to Belize this December on Carnival

We are going in February and had hoped to see Xunantunich, but at this point only Cahel Pech is offered. I'm hoping closer to sail time they will offer more options. What was your experience with this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app