Oahu Airport - Main terminal to Inter Island terminal

Hard-habit-to-break

Hi,

We are flying from Australia to Seattle, via Hawaii.

We have a flight booked from Sydney (Australia) to Oahu, then Oahu to Seattle in September.

What is the distance between the main terminal and the Inter Island terminal? Our flight lands at the main terminal 11.10am and leaves from the Inter Island terminal at 1.15pm.

Even though both flights are Hawaiian Airlines, I am assuming we will have to get our luggage from the first flight and check it in again for the 2nd flight, and that it won't automatically go straight across for us.

I have looked at airport maps but I am confused!

Thanks heaps!

The terminals are close (within walking distance, but there is a shuttle bus that you can use and that I would recommend if you're carrying anything more than carry-on). Here's a link to google maps which shows the inter island terminal (on the west side of the international terminal).

Also, here's a link to shuttle information.

We've only used Hawaiian for inter island flights, so I'm not sure what their policy is regarding your luggage question. If you don't get an answer here, suggest asking on Tripadvisor ... either the Oahu forum or the Air travel forum .

Edited by Susan-M

Are you sure you depart from the Inter-Island term. ?

As that Term. is just that .... flights for Inter-Island fights.

That is what I thought, that it would be just for inter island flights, but our tickets say:

Oahu - Honolulu, HI (HNL)

To: Seattle, WA (SEA)

Depart: 1:15pm

Arrive: 9:55pm

Terminal: INTER-ISLAND

Terminal:

Edited by Hard-habit-to-break

Hawaiian Airlines does have some mainland flights that leave from the inter island terminal. It gets confusing and we always have to check to make sure when we arrive on our flight from Hilo and are connecting on to a mainland flight. It sounds like you have plenty of time to take the Wikiwiki bus from the main terminal over to the inter island terminal. It can be a long walk if you are carrying a lot of heavy bags, so definitely opt for the bus.

The terminals are close (within walking distance, but there is a shuttle bus that you can use and that I would recommend if you're carrying anything more than carry-on). Here's a link to google maps which shows the inter island terminal (on the west side of the international terminal).

Also, here's a link to shuttle information.

We've only used Hawaiian for inter island flights, so I'm not sure what their policy is regarding your luggage question. If you don't get an answer here, suggest asking on Tripadvisor ... either the Oahu forum or the Air travel forum .

Thanks for the links, that map is so much easier to understand than the ones on the HA webpage.