NCL dive excursion Belize questions

hillbilly73

We just did the excursion on The RCCL Navigator. There probably would be time. You also get some time at the end of your dive at the Hugh Parkey resort, where they provided (post-dive of course) rum punch, and other food and drink was available for purchase. My thinking is we were back to the ship between 1:00 and 2:00 PM.

Harris

Denver, CO

We have done both options of the ships dive excursion and a shore based boat dive with Seasports Belize. We prefer the shore based option. Easy walk to the dive shop and less people on the dive boat. Plenty of time to see the area around the port before catching a tender.

Hi we did this excursion last year when we were on the Pearl. It was easy convenient. With that said, however, we will not be using the ship excursion again. We did not get back to the ship until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. They had us stay at the "resort" for an hour hoping we would buy more food and drink. We just wanted to go. Also, we had to pay additional money when we got their for the rental equipment even though we signed up for the excursion which said we would need rental equipment. Took it up with NCL and they did nothing. We will be using Sea Sports Belize and hope we have a better experience.

Has anyone did the NCL dive excursion? Since they pick up and drop off at the ship what time do they get you back to the boat? We are on the Dawn 6 PM sail away and was wondering if there was time for a quick tender and a drink or two.

Al

We did the NCL-arranged ship dive (Hugh Parkey Dive Resort, I think). We thought it was well run: good equipment, fast set up, and a nice short run to the dive sites. There were between 3 and 6 divers per dive master. All the dive masters were very helpful, and happy to set up the equipment for anyone who wanted to; they double and triple checked everyone. The time spent back at the "resort" was mostly so everyone could rinse equipment, get their logs stamped, use the restroom, etc. I think we got back to the ship about 2.

• 2 months later...
We have done both options of the ships dive excursion and a shore based boat dive with Seasports Belize. We prefer the shore based option. Easy walk to the dive shop and less people on the dive boat. Plenty of time to see the area around the port before catching a tender.

IfishSitka, I'd love to chat with you about your diving in Belize - I live in Vancouver, BC so perhaps we even know one another if you dive at home in Seattle (I know many divers in the Seattle area).

Could you please send me a message on FB if you belong, Jody Lynn Clark is my name (from New Westminster technically on FB - my profile picture is a wolf eel on eggs from Sund Rock in Hood Canal).

I am going on a cruise in November and would like more information on choosing between the cruiseship op (which freaks the crap out of me thinking about booking through the cruiseship as I am going to be insta-buddied up with someone) or the land based op, which I am told sticks to the inner reef which isn't as nice as Turneffe Atoll. I'd love to hear from you, thanks!!