Looking for feedback on Tour South Tours Akaroa/Christchurch

latindancer62

Hi,

We found a 3 hr Bays tour out of Akaroa with a company called "Tour South" run by Doug Bennet and Grant McDonald. However, I can't find any reviews for them anywhere other than Testemonials on their website.....has anyone heard of them or had any experience? Were they called something else before?

They are listed on the Akaroa Tourism site, but that doesn't mean they are "approved".

We want to see something of the bays, but not do a full day tour as we would like to wander around Akaroa too, so any other suggestions welcome. The cityline tour looks like a coach, and Tour South use an 11 seater van so sounds better.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

We found a 3 hr Bays tour out of Akaroa with a company called "Tour South" run by Doug Bennet and Grant McDonald. However, I can't find any reviews for them anywhere other than Testemonials on their website.....has anyone heard of them or had any experience? Were they called something else before?

They are listed on the Akaroa Tourism site, but that doesn't mean they are "approved".

We want to see something of the bays, but not do a full day tour as we would like to wander around Akaroa too, so any other suggestions welcome. The cityline tour looks like a coach, and Tour South use an 11 seater van so sounds better.

Thanks.

We used this company in March. We had a private tour with other members from cruise critic. and it was a wonderful day.We did the full day tour, since there was not really anything special we wanted to see in Akorea. I would highly recommend this company

We saw lots of the countryside and the bays on our way to Christchurch, as well as a lot of the City. We took the Punting In The Park, boat ride, and the tour thru the Botanical Gardens, along with visiting the area of the City destroyed by the earthquake and viewed the rebuilding.

At the end of the tour, we did have some time to walk through Akorea

I would recommend using this company for a full day tour.

If you would like more information , please email:eventschair@aol.com Subject: Christchurch

Lorraine

Edited by Queen of the Queen

We did the Akaroa sailing (find it on Trip Advisor). Outstanding! The owner is Ray, and he is located literally right as you come off the tender. Maximum passengers on his boat is 7, and everyone takes a turn at the wheel. There are fairy penguins and hector dolphins in the bay. 2 1/2 hours for the equivalent of $75 AUD. It was one of our favorite things from our Australia/NZ trip. Then we walked around the nice little town, and found good wifi at their library.

I know some people who went to the Pohatu penguin farm on a private tour and really liked it too. Be sure to book that in advance as it only takes a small group.