How early do we need to board before sailing?

dom89

I am looking at doing a cruise to Hawaii and saw that on NCL, it said due to security reasons, people had to be back on board 2 hours before sail away. Is Carnival the same way? I am leaning more towards the Carnival Miracle. If it is 2 hours, are the itinerary posted times showing the 2 hours before or the actual sailing time where we would have to be back on board 2 hours prior to the posted time?

In the case of NCL, that two hours is only for embarkation. At port stops, you need to be back aboard 30 minutes prior to sailing. I just did the NCL cruise last month and it was awesome. Having 7 days in Hawaii instead of 4 is wonderful.

I've done Hawaii with Carnival. I definitely prefer NCL POA, for their superior itinerary.

But Carnival, does have an on board ship naturalist that does offer programs, and enhance the trip. NCL, has Hawaii ambassadors as well, who are excellent. But the winner is Princess with their programs- IF you aren't on NCL.

I usually go to Hawaii twice per year, and with NCL, it's a 3+ week trip, since I add time on to both sides on Hawaii and Maui.

I wouldn't consider any itinerary, that I have to compromise my priorities, which I sometimes see people doing. Figure out all your activities you wish to include, and make certain, you have the time and ability .

I've done Hawaii with Carnival. I definitely prefer NCL POA, for their superior itinerary.

But Carnival, does have an on board ship naturalist that does offer programs, and enhance the trip. NCL, has Hawaii ambassadors as well, who are excellent. But the winner is Princess with their programs- IF you aren't on NCL.

I usually go to Hawaii twice per year, and with NCL, it's a 3+ week trip, since I add time on to both sides on Hawaii and Maui.

I wouldn't consider any itinerary, that I have to compromise my priorities, which I sometimes see people doing. Figure out all your activities you wish to include, and make certain, you have the time and ability .

You prefer Princess even though they only have 4 stops?

You prefer Princess even though they only have 4 stops?

I "prefer" NCL. My point, with the Princess mention- which I have taken, is their excellent programs, which, frankly with all those sea days- could be significant for some people. Lots of reasons for choices, I've picked up these Princess cruises, when they've price dumped, as example.

I "prefer" NCL. My point, with the Princess mention- which I have taken, is their excellent programs, which, frankly with all those sea days- could be significant for some people. Lots of reasons for choices, I've picked up these Princess cruises, when they've price dumped, as example.

Got it. I'll have to look into them more.