Port Canaveral car rental shuttle fee

cupofJo

I am a Costco member and usually book my car rental through them. I just book a one way car rental from Avis, Port Canaveral to MCO. I saw they have choices when you pick your car up. "Avis - Cape Canaveral" or "Port Canaveral Shuttle For Cruise Ships". The address is the same 6650 North Atlantic Avenue

Port Canaveral, FL 32920. Of course I pick the "Port Canaveral Shuttle For Cruise Ships". 2 days after I made my reservation I go back and check all my details and curiously this time I click on both to compare price. Same day, same time to pick up drop off, same type of car everything identical. The price for "Port Canaveral Shuttle For Cruise Ships" is $11.00 more. I go back to Avis site to check http://www.aviscapecanaveral.com/ and it's stated "free shuttle service runs continuously". Anyone had the same experience?

rental%201.jpg?dl=0

Port Canaveral code(P3F) vs Cape Canaveral (Y6C)

Address is the same 6650 N Atlantic Ave, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

Price is different. I don't know how to post the screenshot but you can try yourself. Budget also has different price (CC5) (ZC5).

So same location, identical rental, different price.

Port Canaveral code(P3F) vs Cape Canaveral (Y6C)

Address is the same 6650 N Atlantic Ave, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

Price is different. I don't know how to post the screenshot but you can try yourself. Budget also has different price (CC5) (ZC5).

So same location, identical rental, different price.

I suspect it's a way for them to start recovering shuttle costs. I know they are charged some fee every time they enter the cruise terminal area. They other web page that mentioned "free" will probably be fixed at some point.

• 1 year later...