Pride of America - Ultimate Dining package

travelmama06

I see that we can purchase an ultimate dining package for the specialty restaurants for $119 each

Would you recommend this - what are the usual charges for the specialty restaurants?

Are there any other advantages to having the package - like preferred reservations etc.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

The usual charges are listed on the NCL site but range from $15-30 depending on the venue. The UDP also provides a discount on ala carte purchases (such as sushi). The UDP does not provide priority reservations. As to whether or not it's worth it - that's a very personal decision. It was included in a promotion on our last cruise and we enjoyed taking advantage of it but don't think we'd purchase it otherwise.

Enjoy your cruise on the Pride of America - we really enjoyed our Hawaiian adventure last year!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by puddles99

I would think that it might be a wast of money. I am also going on the POA. Most CC posters say they have little time to enjoy the specialty restaurants because the are on the islands so late and are very tired when the do get back on board.

I will admit that we ate very little while on the ship, especially when in port. We were given a dinner at a specialty restaurant which we used the first night of the cruise. Keep in mind that a Hawaiian cruise is different from other cruise as you are in port every day. You don't go on this cruise to be on the ship - you go to experience the islands. Some people don't like this part. We loved the cruise.