Suggestions for excursions on private tour

eldrima

We will be in Roatan on September 25th from 10 am - 6 pm now that the NCL Escape itin has changed to Western Caribbean. Based on some suggestions here, I contacted Rony's and booked a private tour while we are there. I'm looking for some suggestions on where to go and whether or not we will need to make reservations with those excursions. We have a 10 year old son and 8 year old daughter that are pretty adventurous. In the past, we took them on a boat snorkel at the Blue Hole in Roatan and my wife and I have done a beach day at West Bay (didn't care for how crowded it was). This time in Roatan, we were thinking of the following and welcome suggestions keeping geographic proximity in mind:

- Adventurous ziplining (wife and I did one in Belize that wasn't too high, fast, or far...our kids are pretty fearless so looking for one in Roatan that won't disappoint) - Pirates of the Caribbean??

- Sloth/monkey interaction - Daniel Johnson's - do we need to make reservation or can we just show up?

- We would like to stop at Rony's town and visit with the orphanage so that the kids can take them some toys and clothes

- Would time permit for an hour or two at a quiet beach? If so, what do you recommend?

After securing the reservation, I emailed Rony's asking for recommendations and got the following response which wasn't helpful...guessing it is a templated response: "Thanks! We'll see you then Sept 25, across the street from gate number 2, we'll be standing with our Ronys Tours sign.

Have a great day.

Rony."

Not through Rony's Tours, but Little French Key might be a good choice. You take a short ride from port, get on a boat for a short ride to island. Well kept, clean, lots of space. They have a small zoo, horseback rides, a fun platform with a rope to swing out over the water and jump in, etc. Google them for more details and photos. Families there with children seemed to be having a good time.

We will be in Roatan on September 25th from 10 am - 6 pm now that the NCL Escape itin has changed to Western Caribbean. Based on some suggestions here, I contacted Rony's and booked a private tour while we are there. I'm looking for some suggestions on where to go and whether or not we will need to make reservations with those excursions. We have a 10 year old son and 8 year old daughter that are pretty adventurous. In the past, we took them on a boat snorkel at the Blue Hole in Roatan and my wife and I have done a beach day at West Bay (didn't care for how crowded it was). This time in Roatan, we were thinking of the following and welcome suggestions keeping geographic proximity in mind:

- Adventurous ziplining (wife and I did one in Belize that wasn't too high, fast, or far...our kids are pretty fearless so looking for one in Roatan that won't disappoint) - Pirates of the Caribbean??

- Sloth/monkey interaction - Daniel Johnson's - do we need to make reservation or can we just show up?

- We would like to stop at Rony's town and visit with the orphanage so that the kids can take them some toys and clothes

- Would time permit for an hour or two at a quiet beach? If so, what do you recommend?

After securing the reservation, I emailed Rony's asking for recommendations and got the following response which wasn't helpful...guessing it is a templated response: "Thanks! We'll see you thenSept 25, across the street from gate number 2, we'll be standing with our Ronys Tours sign.

Have a great day.

Rony."

I realize you didn't a complete answer the first time... I recommend you email Rony a second time, they will better know what kind of time is allowed, how long it will take to get from point A to Point B and have a better idea of the ins and outs of an orphanage.