Nervous about using buses in Mykonos

hornedfrog363

I have been reading some threads (most a couple years old) about transportation in Mykonos. I would like to go to a beach while on the island but am just very nervous about getting back to the ship after reading about the lack of taxis and how crazy the buses can get. I don't want to be in a situation where we keep missing every bus and don't make it back to the ship. Could someone who has been recently to Mykonos shed light on this? I'm also wondering how frequent the buses are because I thought I saw somewhere they come every hour, which made me even more nervous. RC does a beach transfer so I don't know if I should just go ahead and arrange that for $25-30 (which I kind of hate to do since it looks like bus tickets are so cheap). Thanks in advance for any help

Although we spend most of our CC time helping those wanting to do things on their own (the only way we go), when we see and hear the "nervous" or "scared" words we simply suggest that folks use the cruise line transfers and excursions. Yes, they are usually horribly overpriced and can often involve lots of waiting, but for those who fret about public transit or just doing their own thing...it is a good option.

And yes, you are right that the buses on Mykonos are quite inexpensive. But nobody here is going to be able to give you that 100% solid gold guarantee that you seek.

Hank