Pre-Cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale

sunshade11

Will be staying in Fort Lauderdale for one night prior to cruise which leaves from Miami on March 14. Any suggestions?

Why Fort Lauderdale...and not Miami...if you are cruising out of Miami?

I take it you are flying in there...Is it a late arrival time?

I would just stay somewhere with a free airport shuttle...

We usually end up at the Springhill Suites (a Marriott product) in Dania Beach--near the airport...

Edited by Bruin Steve

It's spring break - most hotels in either Fort Lauderdale or Miami are going to be at a premium, if you can find one at all.

We like the Embassy Suites, but it is sold out the day before our cruise (3/22).

Have a great cruise

First of all, I would get right on it. That is prime time. I like to use Hotwire for hotels, I book the secret rates (by stars and reviews) and have always done well. But I have done well in Miami too, got the Intercontinental at a great rate. It pays to check.

You are limiting yourself if you want a free shuttle from the airport, may be worth $10-15 cab ride to get a better deal on a hotel. Start by looking for hotels just by the airport though.

Will be staying in Fort Lauderdale for one night prior to cruise which leaves from Miami on March 14. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Cruise Critic. This place is a wonderful resource of information. In addition to cruise line specific forums (like Celebrity), there are other forums for information on ports of call, and other general interest categories.

In fact, the link I will provide here will take you to a a Fort Lauderdale Q&A thread to help you with any additional port specific questions you want to post for answers that are not specific to Celebrity.

Enjoy!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2030736&page=38