Transport to/from airport question

SRV FAN

I see all the posts about taxi's & shuttles.... but what about Limos? Can anyone shed any light on the cost & availability?

In New York, it was just a cheap (well maybe $10 more) to hire a limo (not the big stretch one...but a Lincoln Town car type.... lots nicer than riding in a cab.... just wondering if anyone has done that from the airport & back.... and also who did ya go with?

THANKS!

I only hear crickets...

So, since no one has replied to my post, I guess there aren't any limo cars at the New Orleans Airport..... Hummmmm???? Maybe I need to ask this in another thread....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

towncar service is not ubiquitous in New Orleans like it is in New York. Limos and towncars are are pretty much only used for weddings and funerals. The main reason there are so many towncars/limos in NYC is because of the taxi laws in NYC. In NYC you can only hail and cab and cannot prearrange a yellow taxi pickup. Only a car service can do prearranged service. This is also true in London

towncar service is not ubiquitous in New Orleans like it is in New York. Limos and towncars are are pretty much only used for weddings and funerals. The main reason there are so many towncars/limos in NYC is because of the taxi laws in NYC. In NYC you can only hail and cab and cannot prearrange a yellow taxi pickup. Only a car service can do prearranged service. This is also true in London

Ahh! Thanks!! Great info!!

• 4 weeks later...

We used A Regal Limo for a transfer from the airport to the FQ in 2011. There were four of us & we had a stretch limo. I think the base rate for a taxi for two people is $38, plus maybe $8 pp for each additional person (not positive about the rates), so if you have group of 5 or 6 or more, a limo is not crazy expensive. We booked online and had absolutely no problem.

We used A Regal Limo for a transfer from the airport to the FQ in 2011. There were four of us & we had a stretch limo. I think the base rate for a taxi for two people is $38, plus maybe $8 pp for each additional person (not positive about the rates), so if you have group of 5 or 6 or more, a limo is not crazy expensive. We booked online and had absolutely no problem.

Ahh Thanks! It's just the two of us. Looking more in the line of a Towncar..... Just HATE cabs. :-(