Theme activities on ship

jackchick

Hello,

We're first time Carnival travelers to Bahamas and have two teens with us. I am wondering how you find out if there are special themed parties etc so we bring onboard what we need not have to buy something on ship. I read they have had toga parties etc in the teen program. How best to get this info? AND any way to get food menus before sail or only at the time of sail?

Thanks,

jackchick

Since no one has responded, I will try to help. As far as "theme" nights for the kids, your best bet would be to call Carnival direct and ask. It has been a few years since our kids were younger and went to the kids activities, but I do not specifically recall them having any theme type parties where you would want special clothes, etc. (I am sure Carnival understands they have a captive audience and you are not going to have an assortment of clothing with you to choose from), so I would imagine if there is, it would be more geared toward something you might have already packed.

The only "theme" I can think of specific on board is "electric white night" in one of the clubs, where everyone wears white to the "party". But this is for adults.

You can search here on line to see menus, as others have posted them, as examples, also I believe the Carnival site does have a general example of what you might see for some food on a menu

Carnival does not do special theme nights ship wide. If anything for both adults and children, the dance club or kid's camp will hold 1-2 hour long themed parties or story time, but no special wardrobe is required to participate. (For adults dressing to theme might get a $1-2 off certain drinks, useless if you have Cheers or don't like the brand of liquor offered.) Many times for the younger children (those in the camp, not the teen club) they will make accessories for the "themed party" during the morning or afternoon craft time.

https://help.carnival.com/ is the place you can find examples of the children's/teen's activity sheets and menus. You can also Google "{ship's name} {your cruise itinerary name} menus" and "{ship's name} {your cruise itinerary name} club O2 or Circle C activities", to see if recent cruisers have posted pictures or blogged about these things on their cruise. There is no guarantee to what order the activities and food menus will be offered in, but at least you will get an idea of what is offered.

• 3 weeks later...