First Time Cruise - Carnival Glory or Breeze?

BrAinZ

First of all.... HELLO to everyone!!!

I'm new to this board, and an absolute cruising Virgin, so please be gentle with me! :)

My wife and I have booked flights to Miami for three weeks next Apr and are looking to go on a cruise while there.

Looking around the cruises that look like they will fit into our Itinerary best would be the Carnival Glory or Breeze.

I see that the Glory is older, and the Breeze looks like a newer design.... But as first time cruisers, what's the general opinion on these two ships?

The Breeze is a bit more expensive... but would it be worth the money?

• 2 weeks later...

Warning! The Breeze will spoil you! Either ship would be good for a first cruise. Glory may be easier to navigate your first time out since it's smaller. Lots more choices for food on the Breeze. And if you're into hot tubs, pick Breeze. Good luck!

If you have NEVER cruised, it won't matter...either ship will WOW your socks off! Cruise ships are HUGE...and fancy! You'll have a blast, no matter which ship (or, even cruise line) you pick!

I agree with this-- you have never sailed-- nothing to compare it too.

If both ships are going where you are interested--- go with whatever you will not be disappointed.

Do not book the first two weeks in April as both weeks will be a huge family sailing time-- meaning LOTS of kids.

do not base your choice on a ship because it is newer-- or older

• 4 weeks later...

I vote for the Breeze. She is a beautiful, fun ship. I posed the same question to a Carnival vacation planner in 2013 and she said Breeze. I am so glad I listened to her. As mentioned from others though, you will be spoiled. I cruised on the Breeze in 2013 and 2014 and would be glad to answer any questions.

Happy planning.

• 3 weeks later...

Went on the Glory this summer and it was fantastic. The ship did not 'WOW' me like the Dream did but amount of activities did. The ship is smaller but still HUGE and I found it easier to navigate than the Dream. I would def cruise the Glory again and so, long story short, my vote is on the Glory, but you can't go wrong with either.

We were on the Breeze in the summer of 2012 and we had an incredible experience. The ship was beautiful, the service was amazing and the food excellent. This was my first cruise experience and I know I was very spoiled. I did a cruise later on Princess and was told that this would be better than the Breeze but that did not pan out. The Breeze experience blew Princess out of the water. I know nothing of the Glory so my review is definitely one sided.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips and feedback guys!

Well, we decided on the Glory in end, mainly based on dates that fitted into our three week vacation in April.

So we leave from Miami on the 10th.... Can't wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the tips and feedback guys!

Well, we decided on the Glory in end, mainly based on dates that fitted into our three week vacation in April.

So we leave from Miami on the 10th.... Can't wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good choice...gives you something to build to for your second cruise!

• 3 weeks later...