liberty of the seas vs carnival splendor

neniukas

Planing to go on cruise to caribean 2015 cant decide which ship been on splendor once nice ship good food good time but scared to try rcl since we had great time on splendor but would like to try something new we are 33 years old kids staying home . Been on miracle loved it. Just week ago came back from norwegian gem didnt like it shows like from kindergarten food in dinning room so crappy i would better eat in cheapest diner. Hopefully u can help me . Thanks

Hi, Neniukas,

I'm guessing you will have a good time no matter which you choose. Just go with a good attitude -- heck, you're on vacation! -- and don't dwell on any minor shortcomings.

I've been on 2 Conquest class ships plus the Liberty of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas. They've all been very enjoyable.

The Liberty is a huge ship. It has, among other things, a flowrider for those who like to surf as well as an ice-skating rink, plus a rock-climbing wall. By the way, if you do the Liberty definitely don't miss the adults-only event at the skating rink. It is FUNNY. At least when we were on the ship some brave (foolish) male members of the audience ended up in their undershorts parading around in high heels.

If you go with the Liberty you MUST explore the ship. I think it is Deck 4 where, if you step outside you can get to the very front of the ship. It provides a great view.

The Liberty has a center-of-the-ship promenade lined with shops and some eateries. Check out reviews and photos of this ship. If you come across a bad review, take it with a grain of salt. Most reviews rate the experience good to great.

My suggestion is: be adventurous. Have a great cruise...on either ship.

They are both very nice ships. I think that the MDR in Splendor has better food. On RCCL, we tend to eat in specialty restaurants every night. I also like the spa cabins in Splendor because of the amazing spa - don't know if this is of interest to you, but the spa on Splendor has hot dry sauna, low heat dry sauna, 2 steam rooms, rain shower and thalisotherapy pool, which you don't get on RCCL. RCCL has good entertainment - equal to Splendor and RCCL has tons of outdoor activities - flow rider, rock climbing, etc. So, really, it is about what you want out of a cruise. Both are good ships. Both lines have pros and cons. Have you considered the Carnival Magic? That ship is one generation newer than Splendor and has even more onboard. Maybe that would be a good option for you?

Edited by SuiteTraveler