Picture-A-Week-2015 - Week 29

pierces

Below are three quick pictures from visitors to our home this afternoon. They are from Bulgaria, including members of their National Assembly. It's a country of 7.3 million people that has the Black Sea on its eastern side with surrounding neighbors such as Greece, Turkey, Serbia, etc. This group was in the U.S. through our State Department, spending ten-days to get a sampling of our country. They had lots of questions and interests on politics here in our state and nationally. We had two overnight guests last fall from Serbia's legislative branch and it is always fun to learn more about these other nations, especially those who had been behind the "Iron Curtin". We have never been to Bulgaria, but have been nearby in Croatia, Montenegro, Greece and Turkey. More countries and places to visit in the future!! But, it's South Africa and Botswana that are next on our priority to-do list for early next year.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 201,689 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Here are some of our visiting group from Bulgaria having a little dessert and coffee at our home in Central Ohio. Second is one of the guests showing my wife a small gift of a scarf from Bulgaria and woven there. Finally, could not resist sharing this visual for the fruit tort that was served to them. Colorful . . . and tasted good, too!!:

July2015A2_zpsjs7qxu7g.jpg

July2015A3_zpstuz9ikaj.jpg

July2015A1_zpsqkziee2w.jpg

Love it! If there's one thing I love, it's actually getting to chat with people from foreign parts and realising that what people want is really the same the world over; it's governments that screw things up!

This one is the Linlithgow Doocot (or Dovecote if you want to be posh about it!)

19514105699_0edefe8169_b.jpg

2015-07-14 (Day 195) Linlithgow Doocot by Alan Potter, on Flickr

Below are three quick pictures from visitors to our home this afternoon. They are from Bulgaria, including members of their National Assembly. It's a country of 7.3 million people that has the Black Sea on its eastern side with surrounding neighbors such as Greece, Turkey, Serbia, etc. This group was in the U.S. through our State Department, spending ten-days to get a sampling of our country. They had lots of questions and interests on politics here in our state and nationally. We had two overnight guests last fall from Serbia's legislative branch and it is always fun to learn more about these other nations, especially those who had been behind the "Iron Curtin". We have never been to Bulgaria, but have been nearby in Croatia, Montenegro, Greece and Turkey. More countries and places to visit in the future!! But, it's South Africa and Botswana that are next on our priority to-do list for early next year.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 201,689 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Here are some of our visiting group from Bulgaria having a little dessert and coffee at our home in Central Ohio. Second is one of the guests showing my wife a small gift of a scarf from Bulgaria and woven there. Finally, could not resist sharing this visual for the fruit tort that was served to them. Colorful . . . and tasted good, too!!:

July2015A2_zpsjs7qxu7g.jpg

July2015A3_zpstuz9ikaj.jpg

July2015A1_zpsqkziee2w.jpg

What a wonderful group get-together.

And that fruit tart looks so good.

Love it! If there's one thing I love, it's actually getting to chat with people from foreign parts and realising that what people want is really the same the world over; it's governments that screw things up!

This one is the Linlithgow Doocot (or Dovecote if you want to be posh about it!)

19514105699_0edefe8169_b.jpg

2015-07-14 (Day 195) Linlithgow Doocot by Alan Potter, on Flickr

Beautiful flowers.

Red-shouldered hawk with a snake for lunch:

original.jpg

Adorable black-bellied whistling duck momma using her body to shelter her extremely cute ducklings from the 100 degree heat and sun:

original.jpg

Banded water snake poking his head out of the water, thinking he was hiding unseen in the reeds:

original.jpg

Had a butterfly visit our Mimosa tree yesterday.

July%2013%20016_zpscwwauugb.jpg

Krazy, lovely shot, do you know what the butterfly is, and how big does the Mimosa tree get.

Dickie

I don't know what kind of a butterfly it is.

We have several Mimosa trees. But the last two bad winters have killed off parts of them. One is over 25 - 30 feet and is at least 50 years old. I started all of them from seeds. The original seeds came from Oklahoma.

In my mind I know this is part of the normal process that generates new fronds

on our Sago palm. That doesn't mean that my imagination and 50 years of sci-fi

influence will let me get near that thing with an unprotected face.

Not Of This Earth

p1347683889-5.jpg

Dave

Edited by pierces