Snorkel Reef & Relax on Beach

Iheartcruisin'

The easy access reef snorkeling is from Tabyana Beach, Tabyana is part of West Bay Beach the cruise ships use.

Any of the resorts which offer day passes would suit but you would have to walk down to Tabyana to access the reef snorkeling.

This thread gives heaps of info with maps of snorkeling West Bay.

The easy access reef snorkeling is from Tabyana Beach, Tabyana is part of West Bay Beach the cruise ships use.

Any of the resorts which offer day passes would suit but you would have to walk down to Tabyana to access the reef snorkeling.

This thread gives heaps of info with maps of snorkeling West Bay.

Oh I'm glad you said that. So if I'm understanding correctly, even though Tabyana is part of West Bay Beach, we can't necessarily snorkel the reef at other parts of West Bay Beach?

Oh I'm glad you said that. So if I'm understanding correctly, even though Tabyana is part of West Bay Beach, we can't necessarily snorkel the reef at other parts of West Bay Beach?

If I am understanding this... it is not about can't it is about distance from the beach to the reef through the boats coming and going. If you are a strong swimmer and have a float of some sort the boat captains can see, by all means swim straight out from any point on West Bay Beach.

Have a look at the thread I mentioned above.. there are maps and pics which may help you better understand.

I do hope this helps some.. I may not be understanding the question. :0)

I do hope this helps some.. I may not be understanding the question. :0)

Oh no, that info certainly helps me out a lot - I very much appreciate it. I was under the impression that there was coral all along West Bay Beach and so it didn't really make a difference as to which section of beach we wound up at. But now I know the difference and why everybody seems to hail praises for Tabyana. Thanks!

Oh no, that info certainly helps me out a lot - I very much appreciate it. I was under the impression that there was coral all along West Bay Beach and so it didn't really make a difference as to which section of beach we wound up at. But now I know the difference and why everybody seems to hail praises for Tabyana. Thanks!

You are most welcome.. enjoy your visit!