Walk to Blackbeard's Castle and beach from port

cj'smom

We will be in St. Thomas on the NCL Sun. Our 2nd time there. Last time we did an island tour with stop at Magen's Bay. This time we would like to do the tour of Blackbeard's Castle (2 hrs) then maybe return to the ship for something to eat and then have some beach time for a couple hours. There are 4 of us and we are trying to do things lower budget. Can we walk to Blackbeards Castle from the port? And, is there a beach within walking distance from the port? If so, how long would it take to walk there? Thanks!

You can walk to Blackbeard's Castle from the port, but no beach within walking distance. It's about 2 miles from port to Blackbeard's if you go through Yacht Haven Grande.

Ditto - we did it two years ago and it's an easy (albeit a little sweaty!) walk. If you're interested, bring your bathing suit, as the Blackbeard's pool is included in the price of admission.

FYI - my husband and I found it unexpectedly fascinating. The Amber museum is cooler than it sounds and we really enjoyed seeing the historic homes on the property. There's also a great view of the port from up on the hill!

Christina

Be VERY careful walking around town there because the roads are a little narrow, curvy, and don't lend themselves to walkers very well at all. Walking isn't really advised there by the locals because they don't have shoulders on their roads like we do here. Have you thought about renting a little compact car for the day? If Budget still have an office at the port you could do it for like $50 which would be way less $$ than paying a taxi and you could drive to Blackbeard's and head right to a beach afterwards. I was a little nervous about driving on the left there but was quite surprised how easy it was and FUN!!! Be adventurous and go rent a car...saves you money and time! Have a great trip!!

I have heard the amber museum is no longer there, since the remodel. I have also heard it is not as "good" as it use to be, and ok longer worth the cost of entry. They lost the amber museum and some of the rooms. I haven't been there since the remodel, but have read this in recent reviews. We had planned to go back there, but changed our minds after reading reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk