Belize Question?

GranysT

Went to Belize on our first cruise. Talk about naive. We got on a golf cart with an elderly couple and a local "dude" as our "tour guide". He took us into the inner city that was pitifully rundown and I was terrified. He told us he needed to go by his home to pick up something and here sits 4 obviously tourist folks in the middle of a very run down neighborhood in an open golf cart. NEVER again but it is good to be able to laught about it now.

Misslucy01

Quite a blanket statement there...:rolleyes:

our last cruze we stopped in Belize. Did the cave tubing through BZ (the only company you should consider)

it was great! Sure the port is a little dingy, but whatever...we met with our group, got in some newer, nice toyota hiace vans and rode about 45 minutes to our destination. Our guides were very good, talked about the city as we drove through it , history, etc....it was quite informative and nice to actually learn about the place.

IMG_1059_zpsaff12810.jpg

IMG_1075_zpsf17795da.jpg

IMG_1072_zps580055be.jpg

The cave tubing was great. Again, the guides were wonderful. We walked about a mile to our drop in area and experienced the jungle like never before, learned about plants, animals, etc....Then we stopped afterwords at their place and had a great late lunch of rice and beans with chicken. It was soooo good, especially after eating all the rich food on the ship. They even gave us drinks to go, on the way back to port.

It's probably one of the coolest things I'll ever do on vacation. I'd like to go again, and do the zip line course on the way to the river....It was just awesome.

IMG_1091_zps5583c741.jpg

IMG_1096_zps10af4d17.jpg

The tubing was great , the river was fresh water, and warm.

I have never done the tour you specified, but some of the best excursions that we have done have been in Belize. We did the cave tubing, twice and it was fantastic. The horseback riding was the best I have done, and the snorkeling with beach break was amazing as well. Never been disappointed. We always look forward to Belize.