Ramada Oakland Park, fort lauderdale, any thoughts?

kelbell

We are looking at this hotel for one night pre cruise, 2 rooms, the free shuttle airport/port.

free breakfast. Can get it for under 90 each room

for Feb 17, 2018. (which is always high because of feb school vacation on the east cost. Boston)

Any thoughts please, the good the bad I want it all. (I think that price is great, just have never stayed there before)

We are looking at this hotel for one night pre cruise, 2 rooms, the free shuttle airport/port.

free breakfast. Can get it for under 90 each room

for Feb 17, 2018. (which is always high because of feb school vacation on the east cost. Boston)

Any thoughts please, the good the bad I want it all. (I think that price is great, just have never stayed there before)

I have no personal experience with the condition of the rooms or property, but it's a good location close to Coral Ridge Mall, Miller's Ft Lauderdale Ale House, coffee shops, restaurants and about a mile to Bokamper's and their Water Taxi stop. They have shuttles from the airport and to Port Everglades, but they are not free, they're $10 per person each way, so a rental car or Uber would probably be a better option.

I would be very leery of any hotel that is charging half of what every one else is charging.

It's not like it's a Hyatt Place or even a Hampton Inn, but that rate struck me as odd, too, especially with free shuttles (which are not free). So I went to their web site and found it odd they have a "Temporary Phone Number" at the top of the page and the old number listed below is still there but doesn't work. I don't know if it's a foreclosure or Ramada is pulling back their flag, but something odd is going on there. Maybe it's nothing that will affect the guests, but then again...