Bottled Water

Hi. We will be on the Dream in just over a week, my wife has booked the drinks package, but as I am only drinking water at the moment I was wondering is the bottled water included? I hope so I don't want to have to buy it on top of the package! Bibbage

Hi. We will be on the Dream in just over a week, my wife has booked the drinks package, but as I am only drinking water at the moment I was wondering is the bottled water included? I hope so I don't want to have to buy it on top of the package! Bibbage[/quote

I am afraid not. Although it is cheaper with the drinks package than without, there is a charge for bottled water. On the latest menu I have (from November) there was an 80 pence supplement for a 500ml bottle of water (still or sparkling) and a £1.40 cost for a 1.5 litre bottle. However, whether you have the drinks package or not, you do get unlimited glasses of still water free with all meals.

We too will be on the Dream in just over a week.

Edited by campolady

Ask the cabin steward to fill the ice bucket in the evening - and by morning you'll have drinking water to decant into a plastic bottle.

Usually there is still a trace of unmelted ice which makes it cool and freshing.[/qu

That has to be "Tip of The Week." I would never have thought of that. I love a cold drink in the morning and we have no fridge on our inside cabin this time.

Ask the cabin steward to fill the ice bucket in the evening - and by morning you'll have drinking water to decant into a plastic bottle.

Usually there is still a trace of unmelted ice which makes it cool and freshing.[/qu

That has to be "Tip of The Week." I would never have thought of that. I love a cold drink in the morning and we have no fridge on our inside cabin this time.

I'm full of useful / useless (delete as appropriate) ideas absorbed over the years.

'Er indoors will opt for the latter option above !!!

However, if, like us, you enjoy a gin and tonic in your hotel room/ ship cabin before dinner this device is worth carrying.

http://www.thermosonline.co.uk/store/Thermos-ThermoCaf%C3%A9-Food-Flask-0-5L/sp_767

Fill it with ice from the hotel bar or ship's ice dispenser and keep a halved lemon or lime in it - then you have both ice and a slice of lemon/lime on hand.

We also take a small paring knive, packed within the flask and taken in hold luggage

Ignore the price quoted, I picked up mine for a fiver (if memory serves) from a supermarket.

Campolady have you a link to the fb page can't find it ! Going on the dream in August and opted for the drinks package love an odd cocktail or three on holidays , so would love to know what is included [emoji484]

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.976950898992178&type=1

Not sure if you have to join the group before you can see the link but give it a try anyway.

Edited by campolady

Bottled water not included ,when we were on spirit ,but staff would bring iced tap water or soda water .you can't fill bottles in the lido ,big signs up ,but we went to gym ! Hope this helps

We take glasses of water outside from the Lido and fill our water bottles there. Notices are for hygiene reasons to stop people from filling up direct from the dispenser.

We take glasses of water outside from the Lido and fill our water bottles there. Notices are for hygiene reasons to stop people from filling up direct from the dispenser.

good,the correct way, the basics on the ice/water machines is you pick up sanitised glass press against the relevant lever mechanism and you get what you want without danger of any cross contamitation, then you get the morons who pick up the sanitised glass ,hold it under the dispenser then grab hold of the lever mechanism and press it manually with their fingers thus potentially contaminating it for the next person who shoves their glass against it. accosted some stupid bitch on maj earlier this year who had her mitt rapped round the lever and her bottle shoved hard up against the dispenser nozzle thus causing two possible sources of contamination