St. John Zip Line

Schlepporello

• 4 weeks later...

One of our group members found out that St. John is not on the same time zone as what the ship's time will be. So in order to make it to the zip line on time, we're gonna have to start our day an hour earlier than we had originally planned.

And I may be posting a reply fairly early, I'm playing with the idea of buying internet service on the ship this time.

One of our group members found out that St. John is not on the same time zone as what the ship's time will be. So in order to make it to the zip line on time, we're gonna have to start our day an hour earlier than we had originally planned.

And I may be posting a reply fairly early, I'm playing with the idea of buying internet service on the ship this time.

Which ship? Check the port scheduale for St John itseld to see what time the port schedual says your in port. We are on the Jewel next month and the port schedual shows us in at the same time the cruise line says were in port so I'm thinking they are adjusting ship time to match port time. We are booked for the zipline tour. The people have been very nice and helpful over the phone. Now we just have to hope that our daughter is up to 70lbs by then:)

Which ship?

We're on the Jewel as well. I'm not gonna worry much about the time. My job requires me to wake the chickens up, so odds are we'll already be up. Getting going an hour earlier won't be a biggie for us.

Also, it was the people with the zip line that alerted my fellow cruisers to the time difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, they were thinking that the ship would not adjust it's time to their time. All was good. Some of our group found the zip line boring, compared to the one we took in Jamaica. Personally, I liked it. Safety is the name of the game with these folks, you never make a step unless you are hooked to something secure, guides included. As for me, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Also, after we'd finished, a lot of our group was milling about, not being ready to leave yet. A cab just "showed up", looking for a fare. He gave my wife and I a ride back to the ship for $8!:)

Yeah, they were thinking that the ship would not adjust it's time to their time. All was good. Some of our group found the zip line boring, compared to the one we took in Jamaica. Personally, I liked it. Safety is the name of the game with these folks, you never make a step unless you are hooked to something secure, guides included. As for me, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Also, after we'd finished, a lot of our group was milling about, not being ready to leave yet. A cab just "showed up", looking for a fare. He gave my wife and I a ride back to the ship for $8!:)

Thanks for reporting back! Hope your cruise is going great:) Are the leaves changing color yet? I watched a video of the line and it looked relly slow so was thinking of canceling but think we will still try it out. What else did you do in St John? How much was your cab rise to the falls?

• 4 weeks later...

We were there on Thursday, just from looking at it, it didn't look like much. It is a very industrial, not scenic at all, area. But then again, there isn't much to do in Saint John except look at the reversing rapids (if you get there at the right time) and go to pubs and drink. (which is fine with me but doesn't take all day)

Archived