NCL changing fees - Cirque and UDP

schwos

NCL is now, more than ever, a cruise line focused on squeezing out every nickel and dime possible from their ...

That is a serious indictment on your part - the trolls are going to come out flame you, just give them a little time.

Unfortunately,

I concur - similar sentiments here, so we got good company. :D

Grapes are sour, I told DW this morning.

P.S. Unofficial news of changes to Cagney's - being no longer part of UDP (and/or with exclusion) just leaking out by another whistle blower, so those booked with AI packages for 2016 or 2017 should still feel good about their deals - why shouldn't they. NCL is going to live up to their promises, won't they ??

Word from the wise - plenty of time to cancel without penalty, still.

No company can nickel and dime you, as you have total control over your money.

If that statement is true, why was I unable to get my unspent OBC back from NCL. I was told I had to wait for the check which would be sent to me in two weeks. It has been more than two weeks and I still don't have it.

That is NOT total control over my money !!!!

I'm shocked you didn't cash out your obc on the last night as that is what I have done and have the option of putting it on cc or cash never had to wait for a cheque

You should not have a problem. They made the changes for sailings after July 3rd.

It is included in your sailing. I think I took one for the team! It should not happen to anyone sailing before July.

With that being said, I still feel they should honor the Cirque show to anyone who booked the promo under those terms no matter what the date.

Monkeybone, could not agree with you more!

I, like many who are stuck in the penalty phase, made an agreement with NCL to give them X amount of money for Y amount of services. Sounds like the upper echelon thought "Ok guys, the best way to increase revenue/decrease expenses is to screw the passengers. Let's sit around a big table in a boardroom and throw darts at suggestions and see what sticks."

First Cirque. Second Cagney's. Hate to think what's third.

I think it's awesome:cool: that NCL can legally still demand X but give Y MINUS services (and still receive X payment for it). And the only way I can get out of it is for me to get saddled with penalties. It's win-win for NCL.

Shame we couldn't start a class-action lawsuit :D

Edited by mintsugarcube

I'm shocked you didn't cash out your obc on the last night as that is what I have done and have the option of putting it on cc or cash never had to wait for a cheque

Believe me !!! I tried and the finance officer refused to give me the cash. She said I would get a check in the mail in two weeks. It has been more than two weeks and the check has not arrived.

Maybe this is another of the new NCL managements gimmicks.

Edited by swedish weave

Monkeybone, could not agree with you more! ...

First Cirque. Second Cagney's. Hate to think what's third ... It's win-win for NCL. Shame we couldn't start a class-action lawsuit :D

First, Cirque. Second, Asian ** (except Teppanyaki & Sushi) and Third, Cagney's - pending, NCL social media's quasi-confirmation "short sentence - paragraph statement" here.

Too bad & so sorry for those not on social media and/or CC, or other "groups" :mad: :rolleyes:

As is often the case, years after winning a class-action lawsuit, the lawyers are the only winners and the consumer that 'won' each get a $4.99 or $9.99 credit for continuing to do business with the same vendor. Sad but true. ;)

** as much as we are biased that Asian dining was really high-end or specialty dining, but some do enjoy the 'exotic' food as presented. Shanghai Noodles is basically what we called, in our circles, as Daipaidong open air street-stalls/counter fast food - not available to non-mega ships, yet.

I booked the Getaway back in feb,for my may cruise,i purchased the UDP and the dinner show was to be free on the sailing night.That was one of the reasons for booking the UDP,now they tell me there will be no show on my may 9th sailing.I have left several posts on there facebook page,in which all get ignored! NCL could care less about the consumer,all they want to to is Nickle and Dime!:mad: