Tolls

Godiva5

Just trying to factor in everything for our rental trip from MCO to Residence Inn in Cocoa Beach. What is the toll rate for that stretch of roadway? Is the system like the Dallas/Fort Worth area in where, they have camera's take a picture of your license and, they send you a bill you or, do you toss your coins in a tube or pay the attendant at an actual toll booth?

I just returned from the Disney Dream on Sunday and went through 2 toll booths from MCO to Port Canaveral.

Each toll was $1.00 and I paid using quarters. There are also booths that you can pay with dollars and/or need receipts.

All in all I paid $4.00 in tolls.

be sure to use the cash lanes and KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS AND RENTAL AGREEMENT.

There have been numerous cases of people getting billed by their car rental agency a couple months or more after the fact for "running tolls."

be sure to use the cash lanes and KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS AND RENTAL AGREEMENT.

There have been numerous cases of people getting billed by their car rental agency a couple months or more after the fact for "running tolls."

I just went through a battle with Alamo from our time in the Dallas/Ft Worth area in July. I was never told about the toll roads (all camera monitored -no booths) Alamo said it's not their responsibility to inform their renters!!! They are so sneeky. After I finished with them, they dropped the $20 surcharge they billed me. That's why I'm particularly asking. Tolls are almost inevitable now but, I just need to be informed and prepared.:rolleyes:

I'll make sure to have quarters and singles available and ready to roll.

I just went through a battle with Alamo from our time in the Dallas/Ft Worth area in July. I was never told about the toll roads (all camera monitored -no booths) Alamo said it's not their responsibility to inform their renters!!! They are so sneeky. After I finished with them, they dropped the $20 surcharge they billed me. That's why I'm particularly asking. Tolls are almost inevitable now but, I just need to be informed and prepared.:rolleyes:

I'll make sure to have quarters and singles available and ready to roll.

I just read an article about tolls and rental companies with charges from $20 to $90 for admin fees for unpaid tolls. By 2016 there is supposed to be ability to use all electronic devices on all toll roads - i.e. use yours from your home state on any toll road in the U.S.