Comfort inn San francisco

We get off a cruise ship in San Fran in early September.

Can any of the San Francisco natives tell me if the comfort inn at the bay at Van ness and Lombard is a good hotel? Is it in a safe area? Is it close to major attractions as we do not have a car. I think it is walking distance to fisherman wharf.

Can we walk to the cruise terminal from hotel. If not how much is it for a taxi? What is the best way to the airport? Take the Train or taxi?

Thanks

It is safe enough..though there may be still construction around there. you do not want to walk to cruise terminal. you could walk to fisherman's wharf...but it will take awhile..I would grab a bus. they run on van ness.

You could take bart, then the bus..but with luggage...just grab a taxi or super shuttle.

if you stay there, just plan to ride buses and take taxis...no place is really too far from anywhere else.

• 5 months later...
We get off a cruise ship in San Fran in early September.

Can any of the San Francisco natives tell me if the comfort inn at the bay at Van ness and Lombard is a good hotel? Is it in a safe area? Is it close to major attractions as we do not have a car. I think it is walking distance to fisherman wharf.

Can we walk to the cruise terminal from hotel. If not how much is it for a taxi? What is the best way to the airport? Take the Train or taxi?

Thanks

You didn't say which year but assuming it was 2015 and that you have already completed your trip.....

how was your stay at this hotel?

Did you find the walk to Fisherman's Wharf easy enough?

Did you walk to the crooked street from the hotel?

Did you take taxis to get around and if so what would be the cost....say to get to Fisherman's Wharf?

Any other info/tips would be great..... We will be staying in that hotel in March 2016.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I have never stayed in this hotel, bit I know its location since we stay in San Francisco frequently. Buses run up and down Van Ness and you can easily get to Fisherman's Wharf using one of the buses. Visitor's passes for the transit system are available which can be used on buses and the cable cars; go to citypass.com

Lombard Street (crooked street) is within walking distance of this hotel.

Many hotels will post a sign warning visitors that taxis can be difficult to get in the evenings- I can attest that this is true!

I have never stayed in this hotel, bit I know its location since we stay in San Francisco frequently. Buses run up and down Van Ness and you can easily get to Fisherman's Wharf using one of the buses. Visitor's passes for the transit system are available which can be used on buses and the cable cars; go to citypass.com

Lombard Street (crooked street) is within walking distance of this hotel.

Many hotels will post a sign warning visitors that taxis can be difficult to get in the evenings- I can attest that this is true!

Thanks so much for this info. I will do some research on the bus system and print off a route map :)

We ended up not staying there. Got a better rate at the Best Western Tuscan Inn. But we did walk to Ghiradelli Square and up past that hotel. Its a bit of a walk from the Best Western Tuscan Inn which is very close to Fisherman's wharf. I would say its about 15 minutes. We drove down Lombard St, and walked back up part of the way. Also drove up to the Coit tower and walked down the hill from the Coit tower, really nice path down the backside of the hill, you walk by all the manicured gardens of the houses that are on the hill

We got the three day transit pass and used that for the bus, the cable cars and the trolley buses. They sell these passes all over, we got ours at the Walgreens. No taxis. We got a limo from the hotel to SFO. $50 flat rate, it was setup by the hotel concierge